Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963
Carnival Sensation
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4I
Cabin Number: M148

Sensation Feb. 28th 3 night to Nassau
I cruised single again. Easy 2 hour drive from Tampa. I parked at Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral. Quick, friendly and cheap.

Embarkation was a breeze, I was on-board in 15 minutes.

Cabin is an interior and is located mid-ship behind the elevators. The elevators were not an issue but being in one of the busiest corridor intersections aboard made for a lot of hall noise. This cabin seemed to be an afterthought. The bed is sideways and there is a pole running floor to ceiling between the bed and the door. I am amazed I never bumped into it. The Steward kept the room spotless and the ice bucket full.

The Lido deck food was standard Carnival fare. Overall very good but hit and miss. The rotisserie had a big roast beef that looked great, but was way overcooked for my taste and tough. The made to order deli sandwiches are excellent as are some of the buffet selections.I chose the 'my time dining' ad went to the dining room around 7 to 7:30 at was seated immediately each time. Service was prompt and very friendly and the food was fantastic.

This cruise had several groups aboard including a wedding party. Everyone was ready to party and that, we certainly did. I met a lot of very nice folks. The bartenders were fast, friendly and usually gave a pretty nice pour.

Getting a lounge chair at the serenity deck was no problem, but the two hot tubs were usually full.

This ship is twenty years old but does not show it other than the outdated decor (80s style purple everywhere).

Disembarkation was easy and I was on my way home before I knew it.

Overall a very fun cruise on a clean ship with a great crew and staff, who were always there with a smile and remembered my name every time.

Publication Date: 03/13/13