“Motel 6 of cruise ships”
Cruise review of Carnival Sensation

30305guy Carnival Sensation 2 Motel 6 of cruise ships
30305guy
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is my first sailing on a Carnival ship. Booked the best cabin they had - U97 - Grand Suite with extended balcony. While the cabin was very large, it was hardly a "suite" as the sitting area/bed were in the same room. One big room is a ROOM, not a suite. NICE walk-in closet. They went through this renovation just 3.5 years ago but put the tiniest LCD TVs in the rooms. I could barely read text on the TV from the bed. You can get large LCD's for almost nothing!!!! The HVAC in the room was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Just 3 large vents in the ceiling with rotary nobs to turn open it or close it. Not a very "suite" experience. The Bathroom was a HUGE disappointment. In any accommodation referred to as a "suite", one expects an upgraded bathroom. Not the case with Carnival. The tub/shower combination was small and pitted. The jets were absolutely gross. There was no way I was going to sit in water in that tub and let it run through the jet system with all of the fungus looking stuff on the jets. I did, however, run water in the tub (hot as I could get it) and run it through the jets. The water was GREEN. Not a pale green but GREEN and left a horrible water line on the tub. I did this twice throughout the trip and it was the same. I could barely shower after that but I just hoped the soap would kill anything in the water. Further, the panels above the shower were pitted with black mold growing. Gross. The balcony, while very large, was not private at all. All that was available was a middle suite so I had people on each side and the privacy walls had huge openings in them between panels - one over 4 inches wide. I thought the food was "ok", though they really didn't have much to offer outside of regular eating hours. Your only real "24 hour" choices were a pizza counter and the coffee shop. The people cruising were just not what I'm used to. Lot's of "redneck" and "tattoos". Lot's of "gangster" and "bling". I didn't think the cruise was necessarily that much cheaper than the cruising I've done with Norwegian but the clientele is DEFINITELY a lot lower-class.
Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

Segway Tour
Perfect for young and old. Easy, lots to see. Guides are great. You don't spend the whole day.
Published 03/12/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Sensation Review
Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?