Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Cruisekrazy63

Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Valor April 23-30 2006 Review.

We booked our cruise through our PVP at Carnival and of course she did an excellent job in helping us with everything from booking to finding a hotel and giving us local information for Miami and even called us to wish us Bon Voyage. What a gal. We were traveling from Phoenix Az so we flew in 2 days early. We had no problem getting shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel.

We had such a smooth embarkation, from the time we arrived at the port until we were boarded was only about 45 minutes and all of the lines were moving very quickly! The embarkation staff was awesome, friendly and fun. Once we boarded the ship we were in awe of the beauty of the design on the Valor. The ship was so clean and easy to navigate.

We booked an aft balcony stateroom and were not disappointed in the least, it had a nice size balcony and plenty of room inside for the 3 of us as well as all of our stuff. Our cabin was always clean, well attended to, and our stateroom steward was very friendly and quick to respond to any requests we had except he never brought towels for port days or unlocked the mini bar, which was fine with us, we had towels and didn't want to use the mini bar anyway but I thought that was a little strange that it was locked the whole time.

We enjoyed all of the shows and games that they had planned on board. The hypnotist took passengers and had them participate in an activity where the hypnotist put them under his spell and had them do some hilarious things, it was very entertaining. The Legends show was so awesome and it was great that they picked people from the passengers to be the Legends. All of the poolside games were fun and had a lot of participation. Some people do crazy stuff on a cruise ship! The cruise director,"Jen" was not my favorite but she was not the worst I've heard of either, just kind of so-so.

The dining room was very nice, we had the best servers of all with Dixie and Luis from Peru, the food was excellent every night and there was a wide variety of choices at each seating. We indulged in the Scarletts supper club on board and it was wonderful and the atmosphere was so relaxing, a very attentive staff made this a great dining experience. Room service was fast, friendly efficient and tasty as well. The hamburger grill and the pizza was great, a superb midnight snack.

The shore excursions were varied in price and I thought they had a great variety in each port, some were a little expensive but what the heck, your on vacation. We spent a lot of our shore time at the beaches and that was a blast, from the transportation there until we got back to the ship was a great time. My daughter and I had the seaweed wrap and massage done in the spa and it was heavenly, I wish i could have brought "Sam" home with me to get personal massages, she gave the best massage, I was so relaxed after the treatment that I just wanted to sleep.

We used the casino, coffee bar, piano bar,spa,theatre, dining facilities and of course all of the shops and everyone was very friendly and courteous and the quality of the products was good. I love the staff on Carnival because they treat you like you are the only passenger. I only had one grumpy crew member the whole cruise and that was one from room service on the last night, oh well, we all have bad days I guess.

Disembarkation took a little longer than normal to start but once we were called, it went very fast and we were off the ship with all of our belongings within about 20 minutes. The lines moved fast and again the staff was very friendly and efficient.

We had a wonderful trip and you can bet we will be back with Carnival for our next cruise.

Publication Date: 05/02/06