Carnival Valor Cruise Review by BTFan

Cruise Date: January 2006
Cabin Category: 6A
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
Into the orange/peach/pink color.

Fitness & Recreation:

Didn't check out the Fitness room, but as far as recreation, it was fine. I liked Rebecca the CD..some say she's boring, but she has her own sense of humor and isn't annoying like some (which some may prefer). She was going on a break after this cruise, and the assistant CD was taking over even as we were disembarking...

Value:

This is where Carnival excels. Easily the best value out there

Dining:

We didn't do the dining room, so I can't comment on that. Dinner Buffet style was average. I think RCCL has a better selection and some nights I had trouble finding something I wanted, but I have a shellfish allergy, so that makes it a little tougher..and I could have always asked for chicken over the counter....but pizza or a Reuben would fill the bill just fine..

Lunch Buffets were great, although more crowded. Loved the daily international cuisine theme line..and don't miss Chocolate DAY!!!!

Entertainment:

This is the first time I've went to a show and I loved it. The '80s show was a lot of fun and the comedian was funny. One night we had a lady named Yolanda sing some R&B and was really good..just wish it was longer the 30 minutes

Service:

No problems here..Everyone was very friendly

Shore Excursions:

Didn't do any ship-sponsored trips, but I have been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten twice before. I do like the Nassau stop versus the San Juan stop. It's only a half day stop, but it was enough to walk the stores and spend a few hours on Paradise Island sipping a drink from a coconut!!

Overall Cruise:

Very good!

The cruise was the smoothest part of the trip as the airline lost my luggage on the way down (got it 30 minutes before the port shuttle left) and then missing the cutoff for check-in luggage because we waited an hour in line)..90 minutes (as the automated phone service says) is not enough time..even the counter attendants said anywhere from 2 to 3 hours ahead of time..

MIA seems to be one of the worst ran airports in the country..as the airline customer service person on the phone said she by far gets the most complaints for MIA.

Publication Date: 04/30/06