Carnival Valor Cruise Review by kim: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2006

Embarkation: Went really well we got to the pier from the airport and went right thought no lines no waiting it was about 2:45 pm. we were on the ship with in 20 mins

Rooms: Our room was very nice and clean. We, my husband and myself, we left the kids at home so we had a balcony on this cruise the one before we had an oceanview window. Go for the balcony it is well worth it. I will never go back to an oceanveiw window again, we loved the balcony. I will get a balcony next time even with the kids. It was beautiful to sit and watch the sunset and to just sit out there away from the crowds. The room was very clean. The staff was was very nice. we would go get dinner at Rosies and bring it back to the room and eat it on the balcony.

Entertainment: What can O say about the entertainment? The shows they were awesome. go to as many as you can. We loved them.

FOOD: I can say only one thing -- they feed you very well on the More cruise. Food all day from pizza to sandwiches. So much food and ice cream, pizza 24 hours a day. Rosies was very good. Hamburgs and hot dogs, fish and chips, room service 24 hours a day. The dinning room food was very good too, We only went twice to the dining room -- we went on formal night and one other night but we were on vacation I did not feel like dressing up to go eat.

If you drink a lot of soda get the fountain card it will save a lot of money and you can drink all the soda you want. On the boat at the bars get the red Carnival cups to drink from with your fountain card. And because they have juices all day long and you just refill the cup whenever you want to.

NASSAU: It was nice. It had nice jewelry.

St. Thomas: Very very dirty but great prices on jewelry. On the shopping, they have a guy who does a shopping show on board the ship -- very helpful -- will tell you where to get the best prices and who to ask for in the store for discounts.

St. Maarten: Was beautiful go to the beach by water taxi -- you pay $5.00 and you can ride the water taxi all day as many as you want to. Rent beach chairs and relax. We, my husband and myself and 2 other couples that we were traveling with, we all rented a chair and jet skis we all had a BLAST!!!! WE ALL HAD SO MUCH FUN then we went back to the boat had lunch cleaned up and went shopping.

SHIP: Well on the ship for the days at sea walk around the ship - there is so much  to look at. It is beautiful, very well kept and very clean. If you get to go go to the newlywed game in the Ivanhoe theatre -- if you miss it it will be on the tv on the ship channel. if you are a non- smoker on one side of the ship on the argonaut Lido deck they have no smoking. They have a pool deck for non smokers too it is called the Prometheus. It is in the back of the ship. It has a bar, two hot tubs and a pool, and ice cream machines and that is where the pizza is. And if it rains the roof over the deck closes to keep you out of the rain. The hamburg and hot dogs are out there too.

If you are going to buy anything on the ship wait till the day before the last day of your cruise. The shops have sales on everything. I almost forgot -- if you are a smoker -- in port at the store you can buy smokes for $12.00 a carton. You can bring some home too. Alcohol is very cheap too at ports.

I almost forget the music on the Argonaut Lido deck is very loud so if you want to be able to hear what people are say to you might want to go to another part of the ship or another deck.

THE STAFF: Very friendly and very helpful when we needed something.

Debarkation: We were off the boat by 9:45 am -- no problem. Less