Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by kimmer1: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

Miracle January 22nd-29th, 2006

It all started January 21st @ 2:00 PM leaving our hometown of Delphos, Ohio by personal vehicles to all meet at Comfort Suites Hotel at Port Columbus Airport. Once at Comfort Suites we realized they only had reservations for 5 rooms instead of 10 like I had requested. They did find rooms for the others. They had better since all 10 rooms were reserved on my credit card! We found out they have a free shuttle to the Easton Mall so we all took the shuttle to eat at Max and Ermas. Ive never eaten there before, but was well pleased with their food and service.

January 22nd we got up at 6:00 AM to have the continental breakfast before taking the shuttle to the airport. Once at Port Columbus went to the self check-in counter at Delta. All of my group that was flying (24) of us were checking in and realized they had moved the flights up by one hour. Without Delta contacting me the group leader. We had a direct flight from Port Columbus to More Tampa International. Once we arrived in Tampa I had checked at the ticket counter to verify our flight going home. They too have been moved up by one hour. I had them print me a confirmation to show Carnival so we could get off the boat early.(At this point I was a little stressed but after I found out with the group leader we could get off, I was okay)

We went to baggage claim to get our luggage and headed to the area where we get the Mear Shuttle to the Port. (Cost $36.00) They would not leave until the complete bus was filled so that took an extra hour. I had called my Carnival Representative who was meeting me at the Port and she advised that there was another bus coming in before us that had 365 passengers as there was a group of 600 on board the Miracle for the Grand Ole Opry. With guests: Charlie Pride, Pam Tillis, Little Charlie Dickens, Roy Clark, and Rebecca Howard. These guests were for the Grand Ole Opry group only! Regular guests of the Miracle were not allowed at the performances. But Charlie Pride and Roy Clark and his wife did venture the vessel so you could get pictures and autographs. Getting on the vessel there were Carnival Employees greeting you and giving you a map of the vessel, in which you might need as I got lost a couple of times but once I found where the bow was and where the aft was I was Ok. I used the steps as I only had to go down one floor and the mass confusion of everyone coming on board the elevators were in use all the time and slow. Once at the Port we gave our bags to the porter (which I had found very rude) all they are out there for are for tips and they even tell you no tip, bad service. Not sure how much my roommate tipped but her bags were completely ruined she had to find new luggage for her trip home. I have been to Miami, Port Canaveral & Tampa. Tampa was the worst for Porters being rude!

Once inside My Carnival Representative got our whole group through security past the long line then inside they formed into two lines, which moved rather fast. I was very impressed with this organization, much better organized than Port Canaveral& Miami by far. They collected your boarding pass, accepted your credit card or cash then handed your Sail and Sign right there unlike Miami or Port Canaveral where you have to stand in yet another line. From the time I got off the bus handed my bags over to the porter we were boarding the Miracle 45 minutes later. I think that is awesome response.

Found my room (1265), which was a fantastic one. Very spacious I had a window (6A) so that helped too. I had two (2) other roommates and with three (3) of us girls we never had a problem. Dropped off carry on luggage and headed up for lunch.

Since my Carnival Representative was on board with me we checked our tables for dinner was happy with them no changes for me. Then went to Pursers desk to make sure everything was lined up with the group coordinator, yes it was and was fine with everything. Spent some time with my Carnival Representative until it was time for her to get off (3:00 PM). After dropping off and saying good-bye to my Carnival Representative,we went up on Deck 10 to take pictures, use my cell phone to call home, get the drink of the day. And just hanging out awhile, then it was time for the muster drill. I had already had my life jacket so just went to the required station. They had five rows of people. The Carnival people were making sure that your life jacket was on correctly. This is no goof off procedure.

After the drill took back the life jacket to the room and found my roommates as I did not see them at the drill but there were so many people there. Then we went up to Deck 10 again and watched us sail off.

Wow time sure does fly by when having fun looked at the clock and it was time to get ready to experience our first night of dining. We had early dining 5:45 PM lower level. I loved where we were placed!(Note: some of my table guests wanted to see the sunshine bridge, they left after the appetizer and one table did not come down the 1st night.) After dinner it was time to meet up with my group again on the Lido. We meet there every night after dinner before the show.

I must say the Miracle had the most friendliest people on board no matter what they were doing, all stopped to talk or find out how your day went. Was very impressed! Keep up the good work!

The ship was easy to get around enjoyed the layout there was only one exception that needs attended too. I had some rooms on the 6th floor (bow) and they heard every piece of music coming from the Phantom Lounge. They could not get any sleep until after the midnight shows so it makes it hard if you have an early excursion. Carnival did there best to compensate and make them happy, but it is a situation that needs taken care of, maybe more insulation??? I dont know. So heads up if you have a room in the bow middle. My rooms on the outside heard nothing it was just the middle.

PORTS -- GRAND CAYMAN- I have been to this port before and loved the Grand Cayman Island tour but wanted to something different so booked the Sting Ray tour it was different, but was glad that I tried it. If you decide to take this tour there was not much time to shop. I only wanted to visit the Hard Rock Hotel so this excursion worked for me. Saw Sylvester Stallones personal home as the tour place we booked through uses his channel to go out to the ocean.

COZUMEL-I also have been to this island too. But everyone I had talked to by Cruise Critic said to do the Mexican Folkloric Show. It was okay but I thought it would explain more about their culture. Basically this tour shows their dances, music. Would I do this again? No but was glad I did it the first time? Yes Then we went shopping with I loved the Lapis rug place for jewelry.

BELIZE - The shops at the pier were okay. I did the best shopping and bartering at Diamonds International, as I wanted to buy a piece of emerald. The cave tubing tour was cancelled, as there was plentiful of rain in the caves. People I talked too that had done the Canopy tour was well impressed and said they would do it again this is something that was not up my ally but had some good reviews on Cruise Critic as well as my Carnival Representative has heard many reviews from her customers on this particular excursion all said well worth the money. Belize you can tell is very poor and Carnival suggests not leaving the pier without an excursion from them. They said a lot of people say they are taxi drivers but then they are not and you do not get your money back.

COSTA MAYA- Was my favorite port on this trip as the water is a much brighter turquoise blue never saw before ands most of the Caribbean ports were the green water. The shops were just ok but I enjoyed just going to the end of the pier and sitting in the sand or going to the bar. Great sites.

My sea days were great I enjoy them just as much as I can actually venture the ship a little more with leisure. I must say you have to use the showers in the Spa/Gym area. My aunt loved the dry steam, but I never found the time to try them. I did take advantage of the whirlpools.

Miracle: Liked the Reuben but not as good as the Glory. My favorite this ship seemed to be the steak burgers with cheese and the fries (made just the way I like them) and all the fresh fruit on the bar. We ordered room service a lot for their BLTs my roommates fell in love with them. I one but the rest of the time they ordered room service I ordered pretzels.

Debarkation: Had an early flight we got VIP tags from group coordinator but they put VIP, early flights together in the Phantom Lounge it was packed. They need to let early flights go first. We had a flight of 11:00 AM and arrived at airport at 10:00 AM They boarded our flight at 10:40 AM. This was the first time I had and early flight. I think Carnival should let these people off first as they had two lines and my people you drove to Tampa used self assist and were off at 8:15 AM, where it was 9:30 AM before we got off the vessel. I think I have covered everything. I hope this review helps someone out as I have read lots of reviews before planning all of my cruises. I went through a PVP and was very happy with the service unlike my travel agency last time we had a major mess. My next adventure is Alaska.

1st group cruise 40 people/2nd group cruise 113 people/3rd group cruise 45 people/Next cruise& unknown

Thanks for taking the time to read my review Kimmer1 Less