Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Tonya: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2006
Embarkation: Tampa

This was the 5th cruise for my husband and me. This was our second with Carnival as we usually go with Royal Caribbean. Glad our TA talked us into Carnival this time!

CABIN: We booked an inside guarantee and were upgraded to a balcony with an obstructed view; however it was not that obstructed (there was a life boat when you look down off the balcony but you were able to see over it). The room was wonderful and very spacious. There was a lot of closet space and drawer space! Dont forget the bungee cord for your door and an extension cord.

SHIP: I read all the other reviews before I went and was a little scared about how gaudy the ship would be  We did not find this to be so  it was a bit over the top but thats what a cruise is all about. We loved it! FOOD: We ate in the dinning room every night but the last (bad weather made the ship a bit too rocky to eat). The food was awesome! We have not been big fans of cruise food in the past but this week changed our More mind. We had planned to eat and Nick and Noras one night but the food in the dinning room was so good that we didnt want to miss it. The service in the dinning room was also A+! They have a team that is with you each night. My husband and I only had to tell the bar person we drank diet coke on the first night and after that our glasses were refilled when emptied. We ordered 2 starters and 2 desserts each night and on most nights my husband ordered 2 main dishes (no we are not large people)  however I did gain 7lbs.

The buffet on the Lido deck was okay  breakfast got kind of boring as it was the same each day  eggs, pancakes or French toast, sausage, ham, bacon, hash browns (the frozen kind like at McDonalds) then of course pastries and an omelet could be made if you wanted. We are not big breakfast people so this was just okay for us.

Lunch was good. They have several stations so you need to walk all the way around there are 4 different kinds of foods. I loved the Asian one! Then of course they have the hamburgers, deli and pizza. Ice cream was good and available 24-hours (sometimes the machines were down probably due to being emptied but we always found at least one open). PORTS OF CALL: Grand Cayman  shopped only - did not do an excursion and would recommend booking one  there isnt much to do. We went back on the ship and laid by the pool.

Cozumel  We always rent a jeep and drive to San Francisco Beach  it is an out of way beach - we laid out for a few hours used the chairs and umbrella - They did not charge for the chairs and the people were very nice and not pushy. They have a pool that is not salt water and wonderful to swim in. We then take the jeep, put the top down, and drive around the back of the island where you can stop at road side shops - and the beaches are empty around the back. We always feel very safe, have done this 3 other times and have never had any problems.

Belize: We were told to make sure we booked an excursion so we booked the private island tour  it was nice the beach was not very busy. The ride there was a bit scary as they put about 40 of us on what seemed to be an old fishing boat with teenagers driving it, but it worked out fine. The food on the island is not included and it rather expensive.

Costa Maya  Rented a jeep again but it turned out to be a waste of time, there wasnt much to see. Id book an excursion here also.

We had to tender at all ports except Costa Maya - but that did not seem to be a problem getting on or off the ship.

Embarkation was easy - they gave you a number and when your number is called you board the ship. Debarkation was the best of any cruise I've ever been on. You either stay in your cabin or wander the ship and when your tag color is called you exit the ship. They were dredging the port in Tampa so we had to get on busses which took us to our luggage - which was a hassle but not Carnivals fault. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>