Carnival Glory Cruise Review by bbmom2boys

Member Name: bbmom2boys
Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: 8M

Carnival Glory ...February 2013 aft cabin 7446
This was our 8th Carnival Cruise. First I want to say that I love to cruise and this was no exception. The ports were wonderful! Our favorite was Roatan Honduras! We ziplined on a Carnival booked excursion which ended at the beach where we snorkeled and played on the water obstacle course. In Cozumel we visited Mr. Sanchos all inclusive beach resort (great value $50 all you can eat all you can drink). They have a swim up bar (I did not get in) I was excited about this until I got there as saw some people in the pool which I am not sure could get out to do bodily functions...just sayin! But they also have comfy loungers and umbrellas and even hammocks. This was our 3rd trip to Mr. Sanchos. We swam with the rays in Grand Cayman...awesome (2nd time doing this)! Costa Maya was a switch from the original itinerary which was supposed to be Belize. We did the Tequilla Beach resort...beach was dirty when we were there...but we walked down the beach a few yards to Senior Frogs and it was much better.

As for the boat....Guys Burgers was a huge hit! The pizza is to die for! Had to have pizza every night before going to bed. DH said he was not hungry ...who said anything about being hungry??? Blue Iguana canteen was too...buffet I felt was the worst choices I have ever seen. The food was not bad just no selection in my opinion. Ate at the steakhouse also just average certainly not the best we have had. We had your time dinning and might have discovered the secret to getting hot bread is to be there at 5:45 when they open!

Entertainment was the biggest disappointment! We are huge piano bar fans and I knew from my pre-cruise research that we were not going to spend much time. Tom Riccio was the entertainer and we had sailed with him before. Great musician just NOT a crowd pleaser! Production shows were "Ok". Very disappointed in NO dance music at all! Did not even hear a band that sounded like they could remotely perform an entire show. One comedian whose name was Scotty K was great...saw 4 of 5 of his shows!

Publication Date: 02/15/13