“Disney Fantasy 8188”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We literally just got back from a wonderful 7 night cruise on the Disney Fantasy. There is so much for kids to do. This felt like Disney world at sea. We felt like we were going from one event to the next. It can get exhausting. Characters are everywhere. Our kids loved the Oceaneers Club/Lab. They always wanted to stay longer or go back after dinner. There are numerous counselors and activities. The pools are tiny and crowded except at night. If you want to swim, forget about it. The pools are nothing more than an over-sized hot tub. They really need more pools. The adult pools and decks were never crowded. My wife booked a spa treatment, but they were offering so many specials throughout the cruise that booking ahead did not seem necessary. This may not be true for all cruises though. The AquaDuck was nice. Pretty busy during the day, but no lines at night. The fitness room was very nice. Top notch equipment and ocean views. Dining- we had breakfast and lunch at Cabanas almost everyday. The food is very good. Lots of seafood and steaks. The dinners were good as well. We had the first seating at 5:45. The service is impeccable. They wait on you hand and foot. I think we would do the second seating
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

5E8188
Cabin- 8188 (5E) Pros- This cabin has one of the largest balconies on the ship. The balcony measures approx 12' X 15'. The view is awesome because you can see both sides. The cabin has adequate closet space. The space can get a bit cramped with 4 people, but you don't spend that much time in your room. Our room was very quiet. We never heard our neighbors at night. There is very little traffic in this area because it is on the very end of the ship. The bed is comfortable. It's listed as a queen bed, but my wife and I both agreed that it was bigger. Kind of between a king and queen. Cons- There is a lot of vibration when the ship in cruising at top speed. You can also really hear and feel the side thrusters when you pull into port. Your room will rattle. It will wake you up. The vibration can be described as a vibrating bed. We felt it on day one at sea while sailing to the Cayman Islands and from Cozumel to Castaway Cay. There is also some soot that can be deposited on your balcony depending on the wind. You will also smell some diesel while in port, but I only smelled it a few times. Never while at sea. It can be a long walk to the main area on decks 3/4. It is very convenient to Cabanas restaurant and the pool deck.

This was the best stop for families. The beaches are very nice and there is a lot to do. There is not enough time on the island to really enjoy everything without being rushed. I would love to have stopped at this port twice like some of their other itineraries. The only real downside is the food. The food was subpar at best. You do not need to pre-pay for the tubes/floats or snorkel gear. They have more than enough. I would not waste money on the snorkel gear. There was nothing to see.
Port
A terrible port. It's not a real town. It was created just for cruise ships. Most of the passengers stayed on board the ship.
Read 1,411 Costa Maya Reviews
Dolphin Swim & Encounter
We did the swim with Dolphins at Dolphinarus. The place was nice, but there is absolutely nothing for observers to do other than watch. My 5 yr old who did not want to participate in the dolphin encounter was bored. Hindsight, I would have picked the Dolphin Discovery at Chakanaab park. They have a beach where observers can hang out.
Published 02/11/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Fantasy Review
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?