Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by mVAJAM10

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: mVAJAM10
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 5+
        10-12 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Disney World on a Ship
Disney knows how to do it best. My expectations were really high and Disney (as always) came through with flying colors!

Departure:

I did not tell my 11 year old and 6 year old that were going on a cruise. They were completely shocked and amazed when they saw the Disney Transportation pull up in front of the airport Terminal. That was the best money spent. I would highly recommend it for transport to the port terminal.

Embarkation:

Our time was pretty late, 2p.m. So by the time we arrived at port, the crowd was gone and we made a smooth transition onto the ship. The best part was being able to register the kids for the kids club prior to boarding (great plan Disney).

Food:

This was only our second cruise, but our entire family found the food to be fantanstic! From the Animator's Palate (where your placemat comes to life on screen) to the Royal Court service was awesome and the waiters were more than willing to do whatever need to keep our kids happy. My favorite was eating breakfast at Cabanas. The view at the rear of the ship was amazing. Overall, food was available at all times. We also enjoyed room service our first night. That was a special treat. Ice cream all day was especially enjoyed by all the kids.

Entertainment:

Who can beat Disney? The shows each night were a sight to see. My children are still talking about it today. However, get in line early as the crowd in front of the theatre gets crazy after first seating dinner. The Princess meet and greet of course, was my daughter's favorite moments on board. Every parent was like a child waiting to take pics of their kids with each character on board. It was better then the park if you ask me. The Pirate's Night was one of my favorites. The fireworks at sea was a special treat and of course, part of the Disney way. Funnel Vision which is the enormous big screen on the top deck of the ship showed multiple movies while the kids played in the pools. We never got a chance to check out the Buenva Vista movie theatre on-board, but that will be done on our next trip (4/2014).

Kids Club/Oceaneers Lab:

The kids were thoroughly entertained the entire cruise. Your children will not want to leave at night. My daughter cried every night we picked her up. The counselors were caring and very responsible. We lost track of our son one evening (I almost lost my mind) and they had trained him to go back to the Lab if he ever got lost. Disney staff were able to locate him in less than five minutes!

Overall:

The ship was spotless...the most clean I've ever seen! The staff were unbelievable and the service was the best. My husband is pretty critical, but by the end of our trip he was already booking our next trip! As previously mentioned by other cruise critic members, there was not a lot of diversity of cruisers aboard. But everyone was friendly. We felt completely comfortable and valued as cruisers!

Publication Date: 02/13/13