Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Svanny

Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: JS

Back from Liberty of the Seas - 1-24-13
Hello,

Just back from Liberty of the Seas cruise from 1/19 - 1/24.

Port stops were in Belize & Cozamel.

This was my 4th cruise - 2nd with Royal Carribean.

MY experience -

First the advice NOT to travel on the same day you board the ship is still VERY good advice! We arrived on Friday at Fort Lauderdale airport at about 1pm - our checked bag did not. We arrived at our airport in PLENTY of time for them to get our bag on the plane but the airline stated there was a mechanical malfunction that delayed our bag from getting on our plane. The lady ahead of us also was missing a bag. Airline stated it should arrive by 5pm.....her cruise was leaving at 4! So there you go!

Our bag arrived about 11:30pm at our hotel.

Next morning boarding was smooth and easy.

We went right to Windjammer Buffet to eat. Wide variety of food, but it is a buffet so food was adverage tasting.Next we went to the cabin. Two of our bags had alreay arrived.

We were in Junior Suite 9598. I was amazed! The Junior Suite is actually very spacious (for a cruise cabin). We had 3 adults in the suite and NEVER felt cramped. Plenty of room for all of us to move around comfortably. Bathroom has large tub.

Draw-back of this suite is, it is far from the elevators in both directions from the cabin. From now on, I will always book closer to the elevators!

Went to pool next. I found they had plenty of pools and whirlpools so none were every really crowded. Back from the pool..Last bag had arrived in cabin. Our room steward Conrad placed it in the room instead of leaving it in the hall, which I thougt was nice.

Ok so now general information -

This is a large ship and at times it did feel crowded. (compared to other ships I've been on). But not to the point of aggervation.

Staff on board was AWESOME! All were friendly, helpful and fun. Always smiling and pleasent. (Just a note, the last cruise I was on (not RC) the staff was disinterested and distant, so it was a nice return to good customer service).

We ate every meal at the Windjammer Buffet except on the last night.

We had signed up for My Time Dining, but every morning I would check the menu and nothing caught my eye. And because you tend to eat at weird times and can still be stuffed from lunch, you don't want a big dinner so eating at Windjammer was just the best way for us. Again, lots of meal choices. NOTE: You really need to walk all the way around the entire buffet to see all they offer. This is not like a regular buffet where the left side mirrors the right side. Although some items are the same, EACH station has unique food all of its own.

I will say the beef stir-fry and the skirt steaks were very good!

Last night we ate at the My Time restaurant. First this dining room is beautiful! Three levels and just lovely. I ate the lobster tail with shrimp. Both a bit over cooked but tasty. The only drawback was, eveyone else knew their waitstaff and we felt like "outsiders". lol

We also did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants.

Shows - We saw - Encore! Saturday Night Fever and In the Air. All EXCELLENT!

Dreamworks characters, just out and about enough to be fun but not so much to annoy adults who don't care about them.

Ports- We booked tours thought the ship.

Belize - We did the Kayak tour. Very Nice. Guide was knowledgable.

Cozamel -We did the ATV's. Good Grief! This off road tour is A LOT more rugged then I thought it would be. (I'm going for a massage today to help my sore muscles!) Fun, but it really is a rugged ride! Book with caution.

Getting off the ship - Note: we carried all of our bags off and were off the ship. We got off the ship and through customs in about 10 minutes total! Excellent!

Lastly, on a personal note: I mentioned before that we were traveling with 3 adults. That is myself, my husband and our son. Our son was the young man with Down Syndrome (who had some hair loss). I want to thank everyone on board (should you be reading this ) that made his trip extra special! He loved this trip and meeting all of you! A special THANK YOU to the man who gave him the medal, after he did his "I'm too sexy" dance.

And to all the staff on board also! Although all staff was friendly in general, they made a special effort to interact with our son and made him feel very special indeed!

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Publication Date: 01/28/13