Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by igels3

Member Name: igels3
Cruise Date: January 2013
        Under 3 5.0
        3-6 5.0

RCCL Liberty of the Seas!
Embarkation was as to be expected. From drop off to getting to our rooms was 50 minutes. We got to the ship right around noon. Luggage was there within 20 minutes. Got everything unpacked and explored the ship, hit the H20 zone with the girls and grabbed some quick food in the windjammer. I took 2 bottles of wine onboard, nothing else because I was nervous about reviews about sneaking booze onboard that I had read on here. I purchased a soda package for my 2 year old because it was cheaper that way.

We had a balcony room on the 9th deck. It had a great view of the Bridge. I felt the room was very spacious. The food in the dining room for dinner was good. The windjammer and Sorento's was just fair. Even the breakfast in the dining room seemed the same as at windjammer.. Never had lunch in the dining room. Our waiter and the head waiter were great. The wine and bar service at our table seemed very prompt. The ship was very nice. Only complaint was that there seemed to be more smoking areas inside and near the pool than I had expected.

We did not do any excursions in Belize and did Playa Mia in Cozumel, which was fine. The ice skating show was very, very good. Would definitely recommend that.

Disembarkation was terrible, but I had read that so was prepared. Although for most of my family it was great. So maybe I just hit a bad time. This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise and I like it, but I honestly don't think it is much different than Carnival. I thought it would be way better, but not so much. Overall, the ship is nice, food is ok, rooms are nice, staff is good. But I still love cruising, so it was great!

Publication Date: 01/28/13