Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by igels3: RCCL Liberty of the Seas!

igels3
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

RCCL Liberty of the Seas!

Sail Date: January 2013

Embarkation was as to be expected. From drop off to getting to our rooms was 50 minutes. We got to the ship right around noon. Luggage was there within 20 minutes. Got everything unpacked and explored the ship, hit the H20 zone with the girls and grabbed some quick food in the windjammer. I took 2 bottles of wine onboard, nothing else because I was nervous about reviews about sneaking booze onboard that I had read on here. I purchased a soda package for my 2 year old because it was cheaper that way.

We had a balcony room on the 9th deck. It had a great view of the Bridge. I felt the room was very spacious. The food in the dining room for dinner was good. The windjammer and Sorento's was just fair. Even the breakfast in the dining room seemed the same as at windjammer.. Never had lunch in the dining room. Our waiter and the head waiter were great. The wine and bar service at our table seemed very prompt. The ship was very nice. Only complaint was that there seemed to be more More smoking areas inside and near the pool than I had expected.

We did not do any excursions in Belize and did Playa Mia in Cozumel, which was fine. The ice skating show was very, very good. Would definitely recommend that.

Disembarkation was terrible, but I had read that so was prepared. Although for most of my family it was great. So maybe I just hit a bad time. This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise and I like it, but I honestly don't think it is much different than Carnival. I thought it would be way better, but not so much. Overall, the ship is nice, food is ok, rooms are nice, staff is good. But I still love cruising, so it was great! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 9425

Great cabin. Super cool view of the bridge. Very roomy and spacious cabin and balcony. Lots of storage space. One of the best cabins I have ever had on any cruise line.

I did not get off the ship because I could not find an excursion that would be good for the girls and me and I had heard that the port was a bit dangerous if not on an excursion.

Beach Break

(5.5)
Beach break at Playa Mia. Great for the kids. Waterpark is all new and very fun. We did not have the food this time so I don't know about that. Drinks are very weak, but what do you expect. Overall I would say it was a great time for all ages.