Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by angie21179: Very Poor Service - Carnival going downhill quickly!

angie21179
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Very Poor Service - Carnival going downhill quickly!

Sail Date: November 2012

I was recently on a cruise with Carnival. I had some problems through out my stay, including just poor over all customer service. No one says hello in the halls anymore. Just common sense stuff. The passengers were nicer than the stuff. The food options and quality aren't at all what they used to be. The midnight buffet is a JOKE! it's basically a tray of hot dogs if you can find it all the way in the back of the ship. I remember my very first cruise about ten years ago, I was so impressed even with their special midnight spreads. My favorite was always the chocolate buffet! but this doesn't exist. I fell in love with cruising because of the relaxed island feel. This included the steel drum bands that would play on the decks through out the day. Don't get me wrong, I really like the new dive in movie screens that they have added on some ships, but why does everything have to be rap music now? What happened to the relaxing sounds of marley and the beach boys? That is what island life More was about not this teenage crap.

We took several excursions through Carnival, and most were great but we had trouble on one of our excursions with the excursion staff giving us wrong information and we missed half of the excursion. When brought to Carnival's attention they said they would look into it, but here I am home from my cruise for well over a week and STILL haven't heard anything and I should have heard from them when I was ONBOARD!

But the MAIN reason for my post, is because of how they processed my credit card. They put a ton of small charges totaling to the amount that I owed in expenses. So say this was about $600 when you added all the small charges up. Now, I used these and owed it so great that makes sense right?! NO!!!! Instead of using the funds that they held to post the ACTUAL final payment, they charged ANOTHER $600 to my card! Now this was the holiday week and I start my Christmas shopping every year as tradition with my family on Thanksgiving, but not this year. Despite multiple phone calls to Carnival, they have refused to help me get those funds released on my card. Even though they originally were more than happy to quote me the terms in the contract about how funds could be help up to 3 business days after your cruise, we are several days past that and they continue to lie. Every day they tell me that it will be done by end of business day and every day it's not done. They have been uncooperative and unresponsive to this matter. I don't understand why they would have tied up double the funds on my card. This is unacceptable and very poor customer service! I will refuse to ever use this cruise line again based upon these experiences. If you are heartless enough to try to help remedy a problem that you caused so that a family can still have a great holiday, well then I will not spend another dime with your establishment. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Empress 7204

Small room, but loved having the window to see the ocean! just wish there was some way to make the handrails and walls clear so you had a more clear view.

Semi-Sub Expedition

(5)
LOVED!!!!! HIGHLY RECCOMMEND! The guys were very informative. The reefs were amazing. Grand Turk itself is amazing. The water is so clear and the beaches are awesome too. Love the little shopping court with restrooms right there too. Tons of beach chairs to use, and the pool is free too! We booked the sub last minute and had questioned if we should or not just to save money and have time to relax. But this by far was the BEST thing we did the entire trip! Again, the guys on the tour was so helpful and informative. Especially loved the guy who dives down near the reefs and feeds the fish for you to get a closer look at them. They were funny and uplifting. Just great! Do it! Can't say enough about this excursion!

Atlantis Aquarium

(4)
Atlantis was very nice. Worth seeing once. But this port of call is dirty and dangerous and I will chose to not return.

We went to one of the forts to explore. It was AMAZING! And the free trolley rides around the city are a great bonus! Would definitely visit here again.
Read 1376 San Juan Reviews

Island Tour

(1)
St. Thomas is a wonderful place! I can't wait to return on my own and spend time exploring! However, the "Ultimate Island Tour" was HORRIBLE! the drivers of the buses are very scary. Fear for your life as they drive down the road. They take you to the top of the mountain for amazing views of the port. This would be better with out the man with the donkey threatening people if they don't pay him to take a picture with his donkey! The stop at Magens Bay for two hours was amazing! I wish we would have just done this because everything was bad. We then went to Blackbeard Pirate ship we were told by staff there that we actually had a whole extra hour! the person at the top of the mountain told us incorrectly! But at that point, who could hike back the two miles up to do the exploring. The pirate ship seemed great, but when we got to the dock next to the cruise ship there was another boat there that was taking on water and couldn't move to get us into the dock so we could get off and get on our cruise ship. We suggested that the captain take us back to the original dock and get us a shuttle (there were tons in the area and we had taken one at the start of our trip) back to the cruise ship as it was getting to be with in 15 minutes of us needing to be on board. Instead they tried to find different ways to park along the sea wall. It took them well over an hour to finally get us off of that boat and the cruise ship had to leave late because of this. We also missed our 6 o clock dinner time because we were still on the pirate ship trying to figure out how to dock. All this was brought to the attention of the cruise staff but they still have not offered any apologies!