Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by angie21179

Carnival Liberty
Member Name: angie21179
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: 4J

Very Poor Service - Carnival going downhill quickly!
I was recently on a cruise with Carnival. I had some problems through out my stay, including just poor over all customer service. No one says hello in the halls anymore. Just common sense stuff. The passengers were nicer than the stuff. The food options and quality aren't at all what they used to be. The midnight buffet is a JOKE! it's basically a tray of hot dogs if you can find it all the way in the back of the ship. I remember my very first cruise about ten years ago, I was so impressed even with their special midnight spreads. My favorite was always the chocolate buffet! but this doesn't exist. I fell in love with cruising because of the relaxed island feel. This included the steel drum bands that would play on the decks through out the day. Don't get me wrong, I really like the new dive in movie screens that they have added on some ships, but why does everything have to be rap music now? What happened to the relaxing sounds of marley and the beach boys? That is what island life was about not this teenage crap.

We took several excursions through Carnival, and most were great but we had trouble on one of our excursions with the excursion staff giving us wrong information and we missed half of the excursion. When brought to Carnival's attention they said they would look into it, but here I am home from my cruise for well over a week and STILL haven't heard anything and I should have heard from them when I was ONBOARD!

But the MAIN reason for my post, is because of how they processed my credit card. They put a ton of small charges totaling to the amount that I owed in expenses. So say this was about $600 when you added all the small charges up. Now, I used these and owed it so great that makes sense right?! NO!!!! Instead of using the funds that they held to post the ACTUAL final payment, they charged ANOTHER $600 to my card! Now this was the holiday week and I start my Christmas shopping every year as tradition with my family on Thanksgiving, but not this year. Despite multiple phone calls to Carnival, they have refused to help me get those funds released on my card. Even though they originally were more than happy to quote me the terms in the contract about how funds could be help up to 3 business days after your cruise, we are several days past that and they continue to lie. Every day they tell me that it will be done by end of business day and every day it's not done. They have been uncooperative and unresponsive to this matter. I don't understand why they would have tied up double the funds on my card. This is unacceptable and very poor customer service! I will refuse to ever use this cruise line again based upon these experiences. If you are heartless enough to try to help remedy a problem that you caused so that a family can still have a great holiday, well then I will not spend another dime with your establishment.

Publication Date: 11/29/12