Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by RealisticCruiser: DON'T BUY EXPENSIVE JEWELRY ON CRUISES!

RealisticCruiser
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

DON'T BUY EXPENSIVE JEWELRY ON CRUISES!

Sail Date: October 2012

Cruising is is fun vacation BUT don't be taken in by the 'deals' on board! Jewelry on board is from a 3rd party vendor (Starboard Cruise Services), NOT CARNIVAL. The "UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE" Return is NOT EASY. My boyfriend purchased a $2,500 ring on board for me and we decided to return it before the cruise was over (we found something prettier in Grand Turk) HOWEVER the 'Carnival Destiny Starboard Side Store' WOULD NOT REFUND our account. They gave us a form to return the ring via mail for a refund in 4 - 7 weeks! HERE IS THE WORST part... since we had to take the ring off the the boat with us we had to pay customs on the ring and will NEVER GET THAT money back!!!

As far as the cruise on the Destiny Room 6280... It was the least favorite cruise that I have taken. However the Destiny Customer Service was very quick to respond and offer us solutions or concessions for our issues. The night club one level below us was so loud the floor in our cabin vibrated from the noise More until 2AM each night. We were told our cabin was a 'night owl cabin'. Then the ship was renovating the floor above us and drills and hammering woke us at 8AM each morning with electrical cords dangling from the balcony above us. They offered to move us to another cabin but we were traveling w friends and didn't want to be separated. They gave us a $95 credit to our cabin acct.

My final assessment would be the Destiny is old and dated but was very clean. Customer Service was responsive to all our needs. The waitstaff was polite but didn't understand English very well. (Asked for Lemonade, was brought a plate of lemons) The food was average for Carnival. Evening Dining service was rushed and took forever each night! Pizza was the worst thing I had on board. Carnival Cruises are cheap but you get want you pay for. IMHO the guests on the cheap Carnival Cruises do not dress appropriately for a cruise. They look sloppy in tank tops, baggy shorts, cut off jeans, flip flops, baseball caps. Note to ladies... Skin rolls are not the same as curves.

If I book another cruise with Carnival I will opt for one of their newer ships and will keep my boyfriend/husband away from the 'blue enhanced' diamonds on board! Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Small shopping area. Very expensive Margaritaville Restaurant. Pretty beach but very rough coral once in the water.

The walk from the ship to main street is a headache with all the taxi & tour 'hawkers'. The Dunkin Donuts has free WiFi!
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews