Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by MaxThunder

Member Name: MaxThunder
Cruise Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Destiny should be called Carnival Disappointment
I will not sail Carnival again

Not once more, Sam I am.

I do not like the rotten smell

what it was I could not tell

I do not like the food so average

I do not like the lines measured in milage

I do not like a bathroom leak

I do not like pipes so weak

I do not like such late notification

I do not like the lack of coordination

I will not sail Carnival again

Not once more, Sam I am.

This particular cruise probably would not have been the one I would have chosen, but it was given as a gift to my girlfriend and I. I went with a party of four and it was everyones first cruise, so none of us really knew what to expect.

We had staterooms next to each other on the 8th floor. The rooms were nice, but not as nice as the picture were were shown prior to the cruise. The TV needs to be updated and the couch was older and a little worn out. The ship had a weird smell in certain areas. One area in particular was on the Lido deck between the Chinese food place and the buffet. It smelled like something was rotten or old. It smelled like that on the first day and I tried to avoid it that area as much as I could.

Complaints:

1. We had bought the power snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk, which I was really looking forward to. It ended up getting cancelled due to weather as did some of the other excursions. Not really bad weather, just too choppy. I understand this happens. However we were supposed to get a note in the morning before we departed notifying us that it was cancelled, we didnt. We did not find out until we were waiting at the meeting area and nobody showed up. Had we known earlier we would have done a different excursion. By the time we found out everything was full and we were left with nothing to do.

2. On the 3rd night at 2:30am, the vent above the toilet began leaking water. It was Halloween and my girlfriend couldnt get anyone on the phone. It stopped after 10-15 minutes so we just went back to sleep and told the steward in the morning. This resulted in the plumbers working in our room all day from about 8:30 in the morning until after 5pm. The lady at the information desk gave us 4 drink vouchers for $5.75 which would only cover a beer, not even a mixed drinks. Neither of us are big drinkers and we ended up giving them away. We were told that this rarely happens and that the problem was fixed.

3. On the 4th night at 2:30am, the vent above the toilet starts leaking water again, only this time more water and it didnt stop after a few minutes. I called and a guy came to the room. He called the plumber and ended up offering us another room, an interior room on the 7th floor. This time the plumbers were working in our room from 2:30am until 4:30pm. We were told it would be ready by the time we gat back on the ship from Nassau, but it wasnt.

Both myself and my girlfriend were very understanding of the whole thing, both days. We didnt scream or yell. We didnt want this to ruin our vacation. To make up for the 2 terrible nights carnival refunded us $42 each for a total of $84. I dont feel like this was adequate, and I think they would have offered more if we had raised more of a fuss about it.

4. The food was mediocre at best. It was like eating at a Golden Corral. The New York Deli was probably the best, but there was always a ridiculous line. In fact there were always long slow lines for all the food options.

5. The shows were terrible. Viola Paris......had to have been written by a nostalgic alcoholic that went through a period of heavy LSD use.

The seaside theater was nice, but on two separate night about 30-40 minutes into the movie the dvd froze so they just restarted the movie from the beginning. What sense does that make?

The best show was The Game of Love or Love Game or something

Compliments:

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were the best thing about the cruise.

Publication Date: 11/07/12