Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Michelle66: It was Sensational!

Michelle66
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

It was Sensational!

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We did luck out a couple days before the cruise we got a call offering the "owners suite" there are two of these penthouses and they are not even on the floor plan. You are escorted to this room, it has a bar area, living room, walk in closet, jacuzzi tub for 2 plus a separate walk in closet and huge bedroom.....it was out of this world and has now ruined my future cruises! We has a mini suite and this was more than twice as much but a once in a lifetime thing so we had to do it! You can only get offered these rooms you can never just book them. One whole wall is windows so you have a view of the lido deck pool and total ocean view. So I guess this made my experience extra special but our friends staying in a mini-suite enjoyed it too. I will try and post some pictures.

Well our first stop was Freeport and we decided to get away from the crowds and went to Taino beach just took a cab $7 each and they took you to a white sandy beach and you can rent chairs for $5 or sit in the More sand. There is a bar and restaurant right there. There is also a guy on the beach that makes yummy conch ceviche. It was a good day!

In Nassau we went to Atlantis and took a $5 cab there ourselves and took the $40 tour that gave you access to the grounds but not the beach it was cloudy and we knew we were not going to lay out but it would have been only $69 to do both way cheaper than booking it through the ship. We were there in port until 1 am and did notice after 6 pm they were not checking anymore for wristbands so if you want to wait you could do it for free at least in October. We then gambled until midnight free drinks and a lot of fun!

We were just in front of hurricane Sandy so the boat was a rocking and some people got sick but my group was lucky and we didn't.

Our sea day we relaxed in our gorgeous room, played bingo, and watched the dance lessons.....then dinner and to bed early it went by so fast! I can't believe the people who complained about the food it was fine....maybe not 5 star but I don't eat that every night anyway. Everything was hot and I didn't have a bad thing! My hubby didn't like one meal but all he had to do was prefer something else and he did just that. The complaints on here really are not totally true for someone that doesn't the world for a cheap price! We have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess and they are pretty much the same and the newer the ship the more bells and whistles you get! It was a great value and a lot of fun and like I say vacation is what you make of it! Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>