Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by pwright4314: Worst Experience on The water

Worst Experience on The water

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I will state this up front - I have been on several cruises and NEVER had a bad experience.
We boarded the Sensation Thursday noon and as soon as we were past all the check in point we were told we were going to key West instead of the Bahamas. Well I have been to Key West three times however the person traveling with me had not, a first time cruiser. This was due to Hurricane Sandy which as we boarded was being called the storm of the century and was off the Atlantic coast, thus the reason we could not go to the Bahamas. There was no offer to not cruise and just get your money refunded.

We proceed to get on the ship and to waste the time until they let you in your room went of course to get something to eat. My companion was severed raw Pizza. Really the crust was cold and the topping barely melted. Think this might be a health code issue. So no worries. We leave port at about 430 and by the time the ship made it to open water we are crashing through waves that More are making the ship heave and everyone on board who had not taken medication or gotten a patch heave as well. There were vomit bags taped to the elevators. So the first night is a total bust did not get to dinner spent most of the night in bathroom or laying down. Called twice to guest relations and was told it should calm down by tomorrow afternoon. You are kidding, 24 hours not being able to walk on deck safely or eat.

it did stop the next afternoon. We got a dinner in, the dinner was good not really hot but tolerable. Get into key West had a great time there for 4 hours from about 830 until noon. Very short as far as a shore leave goes.

Then the fun begins again. We leave out of Key West at about 230 and by 6 that evening we are again in horrible seas, worse than the first night, no eating no walking on deck etc...

At some point the very smart Captain comes on the PA and announces he is slowing the boat down due to the situation. YEAH captain-should have let him make the decision to go in the first place.

We actually got into port 12 hours late and were allowed to leave the ship or stay the night. We elected to stay the night and not pay for a hotel. A very nice travel agent who happened to be traveling helped me change my air reservations as she had Delta on the phone when I went downstairs.

I have to say the service from the room steward was excellent.
I will seriously have to consider another Carnival Cruise in the future. In my opinion the staff and guests were put in danger. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation V7

V7 cabin was very nice. The balcony is very small just large enough to fit two chairs, but unless you turn them you cant really sit in them. Two large closets, safe and robes very nice.