Star Princess Cruise Review by 1Allenson14: Disappointed in my cruise

Disappointed in my cruise

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I expected this cruise to be at least slightly better than my Carnival cruise but I was surprised to discover that Princess was actually a step down.

The food in the dining rooms was great but the same dishes were served throughout the cruise with minor additions on different days. There was very little variation in the food. At least the service was satisfactory. The food on the Lido deck was extremely disappointing. The pancakes were hard and cold and it was almost impossible to get water, coffee or hot tea. The Crown Grill was exceptional - very much worth the $25 cover charge.

Cleanliness was obviously not a high priority. I received stained sheets(at least I hope it was a stain - I laid a towel over the spot to sleep)that stayed on my bed for two nights. I also received a cup of tea with lipstick around the rim (and I don't wear lipstick). There was a hair on my fork at dinner and my son found something floating in his orange juice that was not pulp. More

When we went outside it was difficult to find a place that did not stink of cigarette smoke. On several occasions we settled into a seat only to have a smoker come stand by us so that we had to leave.

I was shocked to find that a good percentage of the staff were unfriendly, if not downright rude. Again, the dining room staff was great and our cabin steward was very patient with our comings and goings but the staff on the Lido deck were very unpleasant. Between ourselves my husband and I began calling one of the women the Nazi because of her behavior.

I have cruised both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and I would choose either of these lines over Princess. Less

Published 09/17/12

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Star Princess Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: JP253

P-253 was small - I would not recommend more than two people in the cabin. We slept four and it was extremely cramped. Noise from Princess Theater until 11:00 pm.

Very commercialized

Read 979 Juneau Reviews

Quaint, homey, relaxing

Read 1075 Ketchikan Reviews

Probably the most unique of the ports of call. I'm sorry we didn't get in early enough to take the train but it looked like it would have been a great excursion.

Read 743 Skagway Reviews

We didn't dock until 7:00 pm so it was hard to enjoy the scenery. We walked into town and back and it was nice to be off of the ship for awhile.

Read 650 Victoria Reviews