Carnival Pride Cruise Review by KonaS

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 7A
        10-12 5.0

Good times on the Pride
Just got off of my first cruise trip to the Bahamas on the Carnival Pride. On a scale of 1-10, I would put it at about a 7.5. Maybe an 8.

Good food for the most part and quite a selection -- especially if you were up on the Lido to dine. The food in the Normandie Dining Room was really good and the atmosphere was festive.

Room service was very good. Our room stewards served us with lightening speed --literally was at the door with our request within 60 seconds of me putting down the phone! Clean crews did a GREAT job keeping the rooms clean and tidy.

There were some problems with motion sickness but they can be fixed with bands or medicine.

One issue I had was with the lack of time for the ports. Not enough time was given to really explore the island(s). But I now understand that the cruise itself is really the trip and vacation. If you want to experience the islands, it is better to fly there and stay on the island itself.

You also need to make sure you FULLY understand the charging systems on the ship. It is very easy to run up a tab if you are not savvy . . . we spent alot of time researching and making sure. Bring extra cash because there is always SOMETHING that comes up that requires cash.

We were chilling so hard that we missed most of the shows, but my teen-aged daughter saw many of them and she really liked them. By the way, very good cruise for the teen set, lots to do and great for meeting new friends. For my first time, it took me only one day to settle down and feel that my kids were safe on the ship.

Would do it again to a different destination. It was a fun, relaxing time!

Publication Date: 08/07/12