Carnival Pride Cruise Review by KonaS: Good times on the Pride

Good times on the Pride

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Just got off of my first cruise trip to the Bahamas on the Carnival Pride. On a scale of 1-10, I would put it at about a 7.5. Maybe an 8.

Good food for the most part and quite a selection -- especially if you were up on the Lido to dine. The food in the Normandie Dining Room was really good and the atmosphere was festive.

Room service was very good. Our room stewards served us with lightening speed --literally was at the door with our request within 60 seconds of me putting down the phone! Clean crews did a GREAT job keeping the rooms clean and tidy.

There were some problems with motion sickness but they can be fixed with bands or medicine.

One issue I had was with the lack of time for the ports. Not enough time was given to really explore the island(s). But I now understand that the cruise itself is really the trip and vacation. If you want to experience the islands, it is better to fly there and stay on the island itself.

You also need More to make sure you FULLY understand the charging systems on the ship. It is very easy to run up a tab if you are not savvy . . . we spent alot of time researching and making sure. Bring extra cash because there is always SOMETHING that comes up that requires cash.

We were chilling so hard that we missed most of the shows, but my teen-aged daughter saw many of them and she really liked them. By the way, very good cruise for the teen set, lots to do and great for meeting new friends. For my first time, it took me only one day to settle down and feel that my kids were safe on the ship.

Would do it again to a different destination. It was a fun, relaxing time! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Upper

Our cabin (5237) was really nice. We had four people -- managed quite well with space. If you creatively use the under bed storage and keep your space organized and use closet space and cupboard spaces, you can manage quite well. Pull down and sofa bed were comfortable. Linens were nice and you had great control of room temps. Definitely stay with the balcony or better in terms of spacing because it made all the difference in the world to be able to go outside to sit. It was like an extra room in the room. Showers were much better than I expected. Good water flow. Bathroom had lots of nooks and crannies for storage.

Freeport was very pretty but, again, not enough time to really explore the island. We did not go on excursions because it felt rushed. There is interesting shopping that you can do right off ship in the marketplace. The people are very friendly and the pricing was fairly reasonable depending on what you were looking for.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

Snorkeling

(4)
Really fun, experienced crew and captain, but not enough time to have the fun. But we saw nurse sharks and beautiful fish and a 6,000 foot drop off! It was spectacular!

The beach bbq was not as good as I thought it would be but it was okay. It was extremely hot so I felt sorry for the cooking crews. They had trams that ran you through the island or you could walk and take in the scenery. I was supposed to horse back ride but the excursion had to be cancelled due to storms that were passing over the area. That was a set back but the employees were helpful in refunding and fixing. The beach was very nice and waters were crystal clear. The sand really WAS very soft and pleasant to the touch. Great Bahama Mama drinks!