Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Grandpp: Pride to Grand Turk & Half Moon Can

Pride to Grand Turk & Half Moon Can

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore

++Half Moon Cay, cabana, Grand Turk, casino
+Coffee Bar, people, service, convenience at Port, Circle C, balcony, David's (not the statue according to kids), Early saver rates, lemons for tea, VIP casino cash (got $100 each from cruise 3 years ago

A very few -minuses
Any Time Dining (ok at beginning of cruise but last 3 nights had a l.o.n.g wait for table for 6 (although they sent us an apology tray to our cabin with some sweets), Towel policy at main pool area (never seen such a tight policy on my other 9 cruises but maybe it would have been smoother at the Serenity pool area), wine cork fee (for a screw top bottle) in dining room, slot tournament was very ho-hum compared to normal, shows were ok but same exact shows we saw 3 years ago...need some freshening, also comedy shows need to be moved to a larger room...people arrive at 7 and just occupy all the seats all night, VIP party was a little lame...entertainment was watching the cruise director dance and kick over More her head...good for her.
I also took a cooler that looked like a backpack with wheels that I thought I could use to carry some wine and my medication as my carryon. Although it was smaller than most people's carryons and definitely smaller than the luggage rack someone brought thru that was loaded with sodas, the port inspectors wouldn't let me bring it because it was bigger than 12x12. I think with wheels it stood about 16". We just split us our stuff among the other adults in our group and my son ran my bag back to the car. It seemed kind of silly. I'm just a 65 year-old grandma.
All in all, we had a great time and my DIL said GT and HMC had the most beautiful beaches she has seen (and she has traveled all over the Caribbean). Grandsons 12 and 14 loved cruising and the Circle C gang.
Hope this is helpful to you. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7272

Great location and quiet. Just down the stairs from Lido and Serenity area. We had them open balcony to our son's cabin next door but didn't open the connecting door.

Pool was beautiful. Beach/water was a little rocky for oldies like me. We got a cabana at Margaritaville but there were plenty of chairs and some umbrellas too. Stay here was very short. Marcie (our waitress/hostess) was very nice. Kids went on catamaran trip with snorkeling at beach and loved it.

Booked cabana (must book early as there are only 15 and they get booked very quickly). Well worth the price for 4 people. Beach and water were the best I've encountered. When we went to Guest Services on Sunday, they only had #15 left but it was great for use because it was away from the crowds. Only complaint is they made us leave to go home.