Carnival Legend Cruise Review by sb3410: Had a very nice time!

sb3410
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Had a very nice time!

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Flew into Tampa from NJ on a Saturday afternoon. Stayed at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point - booked the cruise package. Great deal - includes room, nice breakfast, and transfers to and from cruise port. Hampton Inn room was adequate and clean, not great, but for one night it was fine. Walked over to Bahama Breeze for dinner. Service was fast and food was good and what we expected having been to a BH before. Breakfast at the hotel was nicely done and had a vast selection - fruit, oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, cereal, sausage, assorted yogurts. Something for everyone.

Got to the cruise port by 11:30am and embarkation was quick and smooth. Walked right onto the boat and up to the lido deck for lunck. Walked down to see if our cabin was ready around 12:30pm and it was, so we went on in. Luggage came much later in the day but we'd packed whatever we needed in a carryon including a case of water.

Cabin was nice - could have been dusted, but I'm just a clean freak. Bathroom More was super clean. I could not help but notice how hard working the ships crew was, especially food service. Dining area on the lido deck was very well maintained. Buffet stations (food) was ok. I just had oatmeal and fruit most days for breakfast but my husband ate everything else. Note, nice fresh fruit can be found near the dessert station every afternoon. I would grab a bowl every day after getting back onto the ship. My other fave was the salsa and chips from the grill.

We had your time dining and ate in Truffles 6 out of 7 nights. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes to ever be seated. Some of the appetizers were lacking, but overall we thought the dinners were very good. I wasn't always interested in the specials so chose the salmon one night and the steak another.

Ordered the Martini Tasting one night and enjoyed them. Be sure to go to the past guest reception (if you're invited as a past guest) free drinks and snacks. Don't be put off by the line - there is plenty of room once they open the theater. Went to a comedy show one night and didn't find the comedian funny at all. Made some "investments" at the casino. :(

In Cozumel we went to Chankanab National Park. Nice beach, nice pool with swim up bar and you could watch the dolphins from the pool. Had a nice time there.

I'm sure Belize is beautiful, but Belize City is not. Very depressed area and the locals really pester you to buy a tour or their wares. If you say no thank you politely, they do back off. We would not go back to Belize City.

Honduras was very nice. Mahagony beach is built specifically for the tourists. Very nice but we wanted to see some of the area. Took a cab to the West end to a private resort called The Mayan Princess. You pay $10 per person and can use their pool, beach, bathrooms for the afternoon. (cab ride was $30 each way and about 25 minutes --- but got to see lots of Honduras) The sea was beautiful but again, many vendors on the beach hawking their wares.

The day we got to Grand Cayman was raining so we just walked around the shops. Would have loved to see Seven Mile Beach, but oh well...

Again, can't say enough how hard I saw the crew working, and they seemed to work well together and were very pleasant. Disembarkation was smooth. Overall a very nice trip. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>