Carnival Legend Cruise Review by pingbinks: Lackluster

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Lackluster

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Stayed at Embassy Suites-Downtown Tampa. Very nice hotel with complimentary breakfast. Embarkation. Went very smooth. No problems at all. Came very well prepared with passports and everything else we needed/wanted. Day 1: Sea Day. Was a good day to get aquanted with the ship and how to get back and forth to ur room. Very good realxing day at sea. Day 2: Cozumel. We booked the Passion Island by powered catamarran through Carnival. It was nothing more than a day at the beach. Food was marginal at best. Catamarran host spent way too much time begging for tips. Inflatable water activities left much to be desired. Most need more air and they were too far out into the water for the younger kids to get to and enjoy. Day 3: Belieze. Terrible shopping, very dangerous outside the shopping are. We did not do an excursion on this island. Probaly should have. We did not because of the many stories we have heard about how dangerous this island is. Day 4: Mahogany Bay More (Roatan). Best stop of the cruise by far and we didn't even book an excursion. We shopped and went to the beach. Lots of covered seating and great water. I rented a catamarran and enjoyed it. Day 5: Grand Cayman. We booked an excursion (Stingray City and Snorkeling) through a private company that charged a lot less than the same excursion through Carnival (Native Way Watersports). Had excellent service and food. Day 6: Day at sea. Relaxing and a good day to decompress.

Overall, I was not impressed with this ship or the service. Dinners left a lot to be desired. Not once, did the staff greet us by name. I ordered a coke the second night that fonally came 30 minutes after I ordered it. I even personally spoke the Maitre 'd and it still took way too long. Summation: Bar service was horrible. Food menu items were limted and dod not taste good. Day 4 I noticed very brown, tea like water coming from our bathroom sink. It was disgusting to say the least. I called guest services and they sent a maintenance perosn to fix it. He told me it was harmless and to simly run the water in the sink for 20 minutes and that would fix it! He came back later and told me he needed to change a filter in the hallway that services several room. The brown water eventually went away. Our room (7280) had a balcony and was nice. Our room location was at the back of the ship and there was a lot of vibration the entire cruise. I felt as though we could feel the propellers cutting throught he water. I am certain this is what it was. I purached a the soda card that gives you access the unlimited sodas. The only problem with this is that there are limited locations that you could get these "free" sodas which made it inconvienient.

Overall, I would never cruise on this ship again, no way. In fact, I may never cruise carnival again. I cruised the Carnival Fascination last year and loved. it. The Legend left a lot to be desired. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Verandah 7280

Clean, Fairly Spacious, Nice Balcony, Quiet. Lots of vibrations throughout the cruise. Felt like I could feel the propellers turning.

Would have ranked it "0" if I could. Would have rather spent a day at sea. It was dirty, shopping was terrible. Anything outside the "fence" was outright dangerous. In fairness, we did not book an excursion at this stop, due to rumors about it being dangerous.

Beach Break

(1)
Took power catamarran to Passion Island, laid out is sun, spent time in the water. The infaltables in the water left a lot to be desired. They need air. Lunch was weak. To much emphasis/begging on tips from excursion personnel. It was just a beach. Lackluster

Beach Break

(5)
Booked Stingray City through independent company. Very enjoyable, friendly staff Chris and J.C. were EXCELLENT! Boat and water were fantastic. Shopping was mediocre. Food was good. Excellent Stop.

(5.5)
Port was immaculate/prestine. Shopping was excellent. Beach was supburb. Lots of shaded areas. Skyride was cool. Best stop on our cruise. Postcard perfect place for a tropical destination.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews