Carnival Legend Cruise Review by pingbinks

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 8D

Lackluster
Stayed at Embassy Suites-Downtown Tampa. Very nice hotel with complimentary breakfast. Embarkation. Went very smooth. No problems at all. Came very well prepared with passports and everything else we needed/wanted. Day 1: Sea Day. Was a good day to get aquanted with the ship and how to get back and forth to ur room. Very good realxing day at sea. Day 2: Cozumel. We booked the Passion Island by powered catamarran through Carnival. It was nothing more than a day at the beach. Food was marginal at best. Catamarran host spent way too much time begging for tips. Inflatable water activities left much to be desired. Most need more air and they were too far out into the water for the younger kids to get to and enjoy. Day 3: Belieze. Terrible shopping, very dangerous outside the shopping are. We did not do an excursion on this island. Probaly should have. We did not because of the many stories we have heard about how dangerous this island is. Day 4: Mahogany Bay (Roatan). Best stop of the cruise by far and we didn't even book an excursion. We shopped and went to the beach. Lots of covered seating and great water. I rented a catamarran and enjoyed it. Day 5: Grand Cayman. We booked an excursion (Stingray City and Snorkeling) through a private company that charged a lot less than the same excursion through Carnival (Native Way Watersports). Had excellent service and food. Day 6: Day at sea. Relaxing and a good day to decompress.

Overall, I was not impressed with this ship or the service. Dinners left a lot to be desired. Not once, did the staff greet us by name. I ordered a coke the second night that fonally came 30 minutes after I ordered it. I even personally spoke the Maitre 'd and it still took way too long. Summation: Bar service was horrible. Food menu items were limted and dod not taste good. Day 4 I noticed very brown, tea like water coming from our bathroom sink. It was disgusting to say the least. I called guest services and they sent a maintenance perosn to fix it. He told me it was harmless and to simly run the water in the sink for 20 minutes and that would fix it! He came back later and told me he needed to change a filter in the hallway that services several room. The brown water eventually went away. Our room (7280) had a balcony and was nice. Our room location was at the back of the ship and there was a lot of vibration the entire cruise. I felt as though we could feel the propellers cutting throught he water. I am certain this is what it was. I purached a the soda card that gives you access the unlimited sodas. The only problem with this is that there are limited locations that you could get these "free" sodas which made it inconvienient.

Overall, I would never cruise on this ship again, no way. In fact, I may never cruise carnival again. I cruised the Carnival Fascination last year and loved. it. The Legend left a lot to be desired.

Publication Date: 07/15/12