Carnival Pride Cruise Review by PeternBarb: Carnival Pride

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride

Sail Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore

Carnival Pride out of Baltimore........

First the good:
The cruise director, Jaime Dee, was hi energy and was perfect for the job.

Our dining room waiter was a lot of fun.

Our stateroom was amazing! It was off the back of the ship with a balcony big enough for 2 lounge chairs, 3 chairs and 2 tables that wrapped around the corner. The foot of the bed faced the windows so the curtains were always open and a great view every morning.

Now the "not so good"

The stateroom toilet stopped working. Maintenance had to come back twice before they got it fixed.

The dinner buffet was lacking. They were small, there wasn't much of a selection and 2 of the buffet counters were closed making the lines very long. They did serve sushi, but when I asked for chop sticks, they told me that they only had them at lunch time at the Asian food counter. Which, by the way, was not available for dinner.

I've been on many cruise where there was no room More on the dance floor because the music was so good. This cruise, I rarely saw anyone dancing. They had 3 "bands" that were guitar players singing to a karaoke track, one was pretty good. There was a performer at the piano bar, that I was told was pretty good, but there was no dance floor. The show band played twice during the cruise, but one of the times, they played in a small lounge and the strings were so loud that they drowned out the other players and singer. The lounge that they played in, (Florentine), was near the dining room and the line formed right through the dance floor.

The production shows looked very disorganized and amateuristic. I saw performers running around the stage. The shows didn't seem to have much of a theme. I saw some performers looking at others to see what to do next. I've seen High School performances that looked more professional. One of the shows had the women performers in g-stings; (not very appropriate for the kids in the theater. The only shows that I stayed to the end was the comedy shows. The first day on the ship I visited the theater to find good seats. From the stage, the theater looked beautiful. From the seats, it was hard to find seats without some kind of obstructed view.

Overall ship looked very gaudy. The main lobby area looked very claustrophobic. The decor was gaudy early Roman type paintings.

I asked the front desk if they had any satisfaction surveys. They told me I can fill one out on the TV. I went thru the entire menu and wasn't able to find it.

I felt like I was hounded by the bar staff.

I would think twice before booking on Carnival again! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Suite Upper 5266

The stateroom attendants were great. The bar staff were relentless!

Not easy to get to but the port is great to get around