Carnival Pride Cruise Review by AllTattedUpJay

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by AllTattedUpJay
Carnival Pride
Destination: Bahamas
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Completely Relaxing Vacation
I think I had too much fun on this cruise! As I am writing this, I feel sad that I am not still there. Everything about this cruise was great! The ship was very clean. The staff very helpful, attentive, and accommodating.

We thought the food was great! Between the daily new choices in the main dining room (we had 8:15p late seating), and the different themes daily on the Lido buffet, there was never a time myself nor my girlfriend felt we couldn't find something to suit our tastes (she was very happy with the daily vegetarian offerings!).

We had a balcony state room on the 8th deck and loved it. The private balcony provided some solace for a quite meal if the Lido buffet was too crazy (the location of our room was very convenient to the Lido buffet), as well as a great place to watch the ocean go by.

I had no problem with the waiting that was required, as it is to be expected when 2500 people are trying to get off and on a boat. With a little proper planning ahead we were able to miss the huge rushes of people and minimize our wait.

As far as the ports go, the only one I took issue with was Half Moon Cay, as this is Carnival's private island, and it was obvious. It felt more like an amusement parky extension of the ship.

We did power snorkeling on Grand Turk, and it was great! the guides were extremely friendly and informative. We were able to see coral, yellow snapper, barracuda, as well as snorkel out to the edge of the shelf where the ocean suddenly goes from 40ft deep to over 7000ft deep. Also a glass of homemade island rum punch was offered upon return to shore. We enjoyed this excursion very much.

The second stop was Half Moon Cay. Since I expressed my displeasure above, I will review our kayaking adventure here. Again, very enjoyable experience. The guide took us across the lagoon to where we were able to get out of the kayaks and learn about and look for wildlife. Our group found some upside-down jellyfish, sea stars and sea cucumbers. We were afforded the opportunity handle each if we chose. Again, another great excursion.

Our third stop was Grand Bahama Island (Freeport & Port Lucaya). The ship pulled into and industrial shipyard to refuel as well as let us off the ship. It was kind of a cloudy day, so no love was lost about pulling into an industrial pier. During this stop, we chose to do the Harley tour of Grand Bahama Island. This tour was absolutely amazing! We started the tour about 9:15 or so by the time we got to the bikes. The guide was extremely friendly and made the ride fun. The tour consisted of us another couple and the guide (3 bikes total). We made several stops along the ride. These stops included the islands highest point (which albeit wasn't very high), a couple secluded beaches, and a stop at a bar along the way to use the bathroom and grab something to drink (they have plenty of non-alcoholic choices if you're like me and don't drink booze while on 2 wheels). I definitely felt like I got my moneys worth out of this tour. I say this for two reasons. First they give you Heritage Softails to ride, Second the tour lasted practically the whole time we were in port (returned from the tour about 1p.

Publication Date: 06/15/12