Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by lkva

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great Family Vacation Except for...
This was our first family vacation we have taken in three years. My husband and I went to Bermuda last year and we decided we wanted to take our two son 23 and 17 years old. After checking prices we thought a cruise would be the best.

Leaving Baltimore is very convenient for us. We live about a hour away and we used our friends house to leave our car to save on parking.

We arrived to the port around 1045 am. Very easy check in. We were on deck 9 around 1200 pm having lunch.

We had two cabins one balcony 7052 and my sons cabin inside 7053. Our cabin steward was Milton he was fantastic! He always greeted us and made sure everything was really nice. The cabins were really clean. He took great pride in his job and doing for others. I can't say enough nice thing about this man. Our waiter at dinner (My Time Dining) was as equally awesome. His name was Anthony. He made sure all our eating needs were taking care of. They were the best we have ever had on any cruise. We were very impressed with all the servers on board they were all so nice.

Now for the part of the vacation that was really really bad "THE NOISE"! This NOISE lasted the whole cruise day and night. It seemed worse at night maybe because you were falling asleep or it abruptly woke you from a sound sleep. It was noticeable in both cabins. One night I timed it and it lasted 7 minutes. It sounded to me like someone had a wrench and was banging on a pipe. We did mention it to Guest Relations. We were offered ear plugs. Didn't work very well and were uncomfortable. The next day my husband and son went to Guest Relations to ask a question unrelated to the noise and the women working was the same working the when my husband complained the day before. She asked them if the ear plugs worked they told her no. She told them we would be getting some short a compensation off our next cruise. We did receive a letter about the compensation. We are happy that they tried to make it better, but I feel the compensation they have offered does not equal the length of the cruise and and the severity of the problem. When you are on vacation you hope to be able to sleep in, take a nap or just relax in your room. Due to the weather at times not cooperating you may have had to spend more time in your cabin then your normally would.

The shows were good, I went to two my husband and older son went to all and enjoyed them.

The food was good. We ate in the dining room and Windjammer. Dining room at breakfast and lunch was ok and there was a wait if you just waned a table for you party. They need to expand the menu for late snacks and start dinner in the Windjammer at 6:00 pm instead of 630 pm. My boys used room service and said it was good.

Port of call were ok maybe the weather had something to do with it, Bermuda was beautiful. We got a cab and explored the island. We were going to get off in Boston but, it was pouring rain so we decided to stay on board. We had planned to stay on the boat in Newport glad we did that turned out to be the best weather day and the sights from the boat were fantastic.

Disembarkment was super easy and well organized. We carried our own luggage off. If you can do it that is best way to go. Off the boat before 800 am.

Overall, it was a very nice vacation. Enjoyed the extra time spent with my husband and boys. We didn't want the noise to ruin or over take our vacation but it did cause disruption and frustration. I hope for the passengers that get on after us that they find and fix the noise problem. If you are booked on this deck ask before you go if it has been fixed so you are prepared.

Publication Date: 05/28/12
Read the Bermuda ports review by lkva
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews