Carnival Pride Cruise Review by soccer4life: Pride

Pride

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I read the reviews prior to going on the cruise and noticed a lot of positive comments. I was very excited to get on the ship. The embarkation was smooth and went quickly. Once on the ship we were greeted by the staff. My family decided to go right to the Lido deck, where I was impressed to see one of the pools was covered. This allowed the kids to enjoy the pool even though it was still chilly outside. They were serving food and drinks as soon as we stepped on the ship. We walked around the ship and looked at all the bars, places to relax and kids club.

We had early sitting for dinner in the restaurant, which allowed us to be seated right away. The selection was like a typical restaurant, something for everyone. My daughter asked for lemonade and was told she needed to ask the other server, that he only takes food orders. Once the food arrived, I was very disappointed because it was cold. The selection of food and temperature was by far better in the grill then at the More restaurant. We even gave the restaurant another chance on a different night and the food was still cold and the serves was poor.

I traveled with two girls (10 and 13), on other cruises they have a blast in the kids club. They were really looking forward to this cruise because of the kids club. The 10yr old went on the 2nd day and said she does not want to go back. She said it was boring, that they were mixed with the younger age group. The 13yr old went the first night and said she was bored and it was not organized. The kids controlled what they did. We have cruised several times before and the kids club was all my kids talked about during and after the cruise, so I was shocked to hear this. I had them try it again and I watched and noticed exactly what they were complaining about. In the evening events the kids club would combine the 5-8 with the 9-12. It was like their was not enough kids club staff to keep the kids entertained. There were very little kids attending the kids club, every time we went, there was 10-15 kids in each age group. Which tells me that other kids had the same feelings as my kids.

The activities on the ship were so spread out and not real organized. The activities during the day at the lido deck was very boring to say the least. The staff did not get the crowd involved. Fellow cruisers were so bored that they got up and started getting the crowd out of the chairs to have a good time. We were unable to go to Freeport because of a storm coming in and the cruise director stated they will re-work the schedule to make sure their are plenty of activities going on. This announcement was made at 6:40am, and by mid day there still was no change to any activities. Since the ship could not dock in Freeport, they could not close in the one pool. It was so windy,rainy and cold that there was nothing to do.The staff did not adjust the activities to keep the guest entertained. Everyone was getting bored and the kids were getting out of control (because of nothing to do). We also lost some comedians because of not stopping in Freeport. You would think Carnival could have added some activities to allow the guest to have something to do.

I have cruised numerous times and the place to be during the day, when at sea, was by the pool. Watching the games that were played, the staff having fun with the guest and just the atmosphere was great to be around. On the PRIDE it was no where near this type of atmosphere. The only staff that had any involvement was the waiters trying to sell you drinks. The staff did make an effort to entertain the guest.

I will never use Carnival again when taking a cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Stingray Swim

(5)
The tour guides were great. They allowed you time to get use to the stingrays. They were very helpful and worked with everyone to make sure they had fun. Very hospitable. Would highly recommend.

The beach was clean and neat. The transportation over to the island went smooth and quick. The island is breath taking. We did the horseback riding and it was amazing. My daughter's had a blast. I would highly recommend doing horseback riding. Watch eating the burgers they were under cooked, and made my daughter sick.