• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

vairman65
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin: Interior

Just got back from our cruise out of new orleans on the ecstasy 7 night to jamaica, cayman, and cozumel. My only other cruise experience was with my then 20 yr old daughter two years ago on the destiny, same port.

We had a great time as we had hoped, spent too much time in the casino, but with my lady friend hitting a 450 jackpot and me a 1000 jackpot on keno machine and doing ok at the tables, I can't complain too much about the need for more of the newer video machines.

We played bingo which imho is overpriced for the amount of 'playing' you get. $10 for 1 card/20 for 3 is in line with the drink prices I guess. Again, I can't complain because my lady friend won the first $500 game and gambled all week on carnival money. I guess they need to set the price that high for the cruise drawing for bingo players at the end of the cruise. (we didn't win that..) My only complaint about the casino(and this goes for any sitting areas), is I wish I had a sign on the back of my hat that said "no thank you, i don't need a drink"). I understand they need to sell drinks to probably make a profit on the cruise, but jeez, being asked every 5 minutes or less got a little irritating. The waitresses were nice in they way they asked and i'm sure probably got sick of asking, but just a little less would be nice.

Interior

Cabin 4D

we were close to elevators in middle of ship so we had a great location. room size as expected. small counter, bathroom small but adequate. toilet will scare the crap right out of you first time you flush.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Loved Cozumel! We shared a taxi ride to san fran beach. Some beach sellers but not bad. Had some beers, did the para sail for $85 for the 2 of us for a fairly long 15 minute ride in the air! Was great! Highly recommended. I don't remember what carnival wanted price wise so maybe that's high? I jew'd him $5 down, payed the little camera guy $25 for a picture CD of us along with some great shots from the air so for $110 got a pretty memorable experience. We weren't sharing the boat with anyone else either..

Shopping was as usual at the port...

previous reviewnext review