3. Amsterdam
We live in a small town in Northwest Montana, and had always wanted to see Alaska. We chose Holland America Line's 14 day Alaska itinerary from Seattle and back because it provided an opportunity to visit a variety of ports. We thought this would give us a chance to sample a number of towns, and enable us to decide which places we might like to visit again.

Our experience on the Amsterdam was extremely pleasant. We chose the late dining time, and thoroughly enjoyed our dining mates. We were fortunate enough to have a table for six by a port side window, and were treated to a "whale" show more than once while dining.

In general we found the food, service, entertainment, and accommodations to be exceptional, and completely enjoyable. We enjoyed our Italian meal at the Canaletto, and some very relaxed times doing jigsaw puzzles in the Explorations Cafe.

The informational narrations provided by the naturalist while passing the glaciers in Glacier Bay were most interesting. Our experiences in Skagway, Anchorage, Juneau, and Victoria Island will long be remembered.

We also enjoyed Homer, Kodiak, and Sitka.

Note: some of the names of places that I mention may not be correct because I am writing this a year after our cruise, and I am relying on my failing memory.

We enjoyed our cruise so much that we are looking forward to sailing on HAL to visit more interesting places.

Our first Northern Exposure....... Alaska 2010

Amsterdam Cruise Review by Blacksandedd

• Sail Date: July 2010
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

We also enjoyed Homer, Kodiak, and Sitka.

Blacksandedd’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin HH 3400
We were perfectly pleased with our cabin. We might not choose an 'attached' cabin again so that we can have a little more flexibility to sit.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins