3. Boudicca
We have been to Greenland before and wanted to repeat the experience as the scenery was stunning, not so much ice this time but still overwhelming. Boudicca has been refitted and the ambience is bright and cheerful but only on the surface (more later on this) The restaurants were all very nice and the staff were excellent. We did use the new outside grill and this was well worth the extra charge. The entertainment was mostly good the on board show company was excellent, some of the other acts were pass there sell by date, the best comedian on board was the Captain. Captain's cocktail parties were hilarious. My Wife enjoyed the arts and crafts and I enjoyed the quizzes. Now to the downside Early this year we were on the ill fated Balmoral cruise to California and we said at this time Goodby Fred. The Boudicca cruise was already booked and paid for so rather than lose money we went. Our cabin initially looked good an adapted cabin on deck 7 (my wife is disabled) I went for a shower, the water flooded the whole bathroom, I put this down to the angle of the ship being still tied up, mopped it up and asked for more towels. Next day it flooded again the water would not drain quickly enough, so we sent for the plumber. Plumber cleaned the drains and left a note to say it was now fixed. The result of the supposed fix resulted in noxious smells in the bathroom which I quickly found could be minimised by placing towels over the drains. Needless to say we flooded again and again and again. Eventually it was admitted that the pipes were all wrong and needed major work. 4 days to the end of the cruise we were offered another cabin which seemed rather pointless at this stage. So we asked to be compensated for the aggregation. Innitially a future cruise voucher was offered, this we declined and eventually on board credit was arranged and my Wife went shopping, they also gave us the use of the other cabin on the same deck to shower in. Surprise surprise that bathroom flooded too. So why I ask are these cabins being sold as they are obviously not fit for purpose. We have 3 more cruises booked none with Fred

Stunning scenery