3. Carnival Fascination
My wife and I had been trying to get to St. Lucia for two years due to the last hurricane. The Fascination is an older ship and smaller than others, but we found it to be very clean and easy to embark and debark. Both were very smooth and we used Faster to the Fun. The ship was very easy to get around and our cabin to our liking with a balcony. The one thing I missed was having a refrigerator and couch. Carnival has definitely cut back on their wait staff and it showed in the amount of time it took to serve only four people at our table the first night. The food was good but we found the side dishes to be lacking. Our cabin steward “wayman” was incredible and kept the room spotless and always greeted us by our first names. Kudos to our fabulous Cruise Director and the staff in the Alchemy Bar. I tested the bar with a prickly pear margarita and they came through, even without using a true prickly pear. The ports was the main reason we chose this cruise. We arrived in San Juan a day early and stayed at Casa Los Cummins. Half way from the airport to Old San Juan at Coronado Beach. Great overnight stay. We had rain in St Thomas so we opted for a couples massage at the local dock. Trust me, this was the best hour massage my wife and I have experienced at $80.00 USD. They are twice that amount on the ship. We did a quick cab tour of St Maarten and enjoyed the history and their famous airplane landings over the beach. Book the Jeep Wrangler tour in St Kitts. It was great seeing the Island from a rustic view. The lookout where we say the Atlantic Ocean, St Kitts, the Caribbean Ocean, and Island of Nevis was breathtaking. We took the Land and Sea excursion in St Lucia. Do not take this trip if you are prone to car sickness. It traveled up steep inclines and hairpin curves,but gave a great photo opp of the Pitons. The bus took us to s powered catamaran and the party began. Be aware their is no alcohol served before your beach stop. After the beach stop the rum punch flowed and the music was loud. Sailing into Margot Bay was gorgeous. The food on the boat was fabulous. Focal port was Barbados and very easy to walk or taxi to town and explore. When you get off the ship , and go through the shops try out the local bar at $3.00 USD for their beer. If you enjoy the craft beer make sure to try Banks and 10 Saints. Final day was a sea day and plenty of activities to keep you busy. After 10 cruises we finally made it in the Love and Marriage show and was lots of good laughs

Six Island Adventure

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by RayzorD

RayzorD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B M14
Great job by Wayman our Steward. Kissed having a refrigerator and couch.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins