3. Marella Discovery
We chose this cruise for the destinations namely- Thailand, Cambodia,Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. All destinations varied as Cambodia and Vietnam in comparison to the others are a tad behind with the modern World, however we had done our research, therefore they came as no surprise. We enjoyed having a taster of all the places and Singapore was the cleanest place we've ever visited, it's spotless. Malaysia was fantastic. The cruise experience was mixed due to poor entertainment for us. Emphasis was on game show and quizzes galore. Two comedy acts, one of the Grumbleweeds and Peter Piper a seasoned comic pro. An Asian 4 piece male ensemble, good to be fair, especially the Operatic songs. The Bangkok lady boys show was excellent. Two resident bands one British who were okay. The other Asian who were excellent. Food on board was average to good, service was excellent. 99% of staff are a credit to themselves and Marella all over the ship.....always polite and smiling. Cinema on open deck showed poor films, one night Jaws was on???? Why not put a film on in afternoon instead of quizzes!!!! Films on in cabin were not advertised so you never knew what or when they were coming on? I mention this because the ship was plagued with coughs colds and chest infections. To which I succumbed to myself and could have done with an itinerary when I took to my bed ill. The medical team looked after me putting I.V. Antibiotics into me getting me in reasonable shape to fly home. Cabin steward Willy was top notch along with his team. As I fell ill towards the end of the trip fortunately this did not distract our overall enjoyment. A great taster for this part of the world which has enabled us to most certainly go back.

Asian delights

Marella Discovery Cruise Review by Speighty

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Asia
Speighty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery price drops

Adequate for our needs. Good location. Bit of vibrating at times....but the ship is 20+ years old.