3. Marco Polo
We booked this cruise at the last minute for £129 per person not expecting much and this was definitely lived up to. We're not novice cruisers having sailed 20+ times with other cruise lines. Our cabin was 6'x10' and basic is an understatement, the bathroom light repeatedly didn't work despite being fixed so we gave up reporting it, the food was awful, bland and lacking variety, the entertainment reminiscent of a 1960's holiday camp and the staff most Eastern European were unfriendly and rude. However the public areas were pleasant to sit in which is the only redeeming feature of the cruise. My husband doesn't suffer being sea sick but he took to his bed due to the ship being so unstable. The Marco Polo reminds me of a converted oil tanker, it smelt of diesel everywhere and was antiquated to the extent it can't be called a classic ship. It needs to be scrapped. We've been on cross Channel ferries that have been more luxurious in terms of exterior aopearance, food quality and cabin standards. The life jackets were grubby and in need of a good clean. Embarkation amd departure were quick which is the only positive thing I can say as we sailed from a local port 15 mins from home. I could continue with negatives but don't wish to relive the ordeal further.

Never again

Marco Polo Cruise Review by Paddy56

Paddy56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

Cabin E247
The cabin was small, 6'x10' as my wife could touch either side of the walls by stretching out her arms. The single beds were uncomfortable and pillows as hard as rocks. The bathroom light repeatedly failed despite being reported and fixed.
  Marco Polo Deck Plans