3. Pacific Jewel
We chose this cruise primarily to visit Ribaul , unfortunately it did not happen, due to unforeseen problems. I realise the Captain had to make certain calls but it was a great disappointment ,to the majority of passengers that we were unable to dock there. Like many others we had wanted to see where our fathers had been stationed. during the War ,especially as it was so close to Remembrance Day. If the Captain had perhaps explained why we couldn't get to Ribaul, instead of saying it had been decided to leave it off the itinerary, that may have helped. Saying instead he thought going to the islands was a better option for us. The 2 medical emergencies could not have been avoided and were handled well, so we were told frequently. The Jewel is a very tired old ship. Everything VERY worn. The food , especially in the pantry was a great disappointment. Onions with everything! Breakfast was the highlight of the day and well cooked but the others .. fish was soggy, every bread roll had onions, other dishes quite spicy and really simpler fare would have appealed to a lot more. Dinning in Watermark was the best option and the restaurants you paid for as well as the only decent coffee!! The serving staff were excellent but the chefs...…….well. I doubt I will be going on a cruise in the near future.

Time Out

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by carol1949

The Jewel is a very tired old ship. Everything VERY worn.

The serving staff were excellent but the chefs...…….well.

I doubt I will be going on a cruise in the near future.
carol1949’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

The cabin and shower were kept spotless. The sheets were worn in places but clean, the pillows had seen better . I could not fault the efforts of the cabin staff Prince and Edward, they were excellent.