3. Carnival Fascination
I had wanted to visit the Caribbean Islands for the last 30+ years and thought a cruise would be an ideal way as we would have evening entertainment. The holiday included a 3 night stay in Barbados at the Savannah Hotel, where the staff were very accommodating. When I was sold my dream holiday by Virgin Holiday Cruises, it sounded fantastic and I took my 2 sons with me. My dreams were soon crushed. I had been told that the liner had been completely refurbished, it wasn't. They may have improved the main areas, but not a lot of the cabins. We were allocated a restaurant for our evening meal, it had set menu's. I can't eat spicy foods and don't eat foods covered in sauces, so asked for food without the sauce and spice that the staff didn't always understand because of a language barrier. They tried, but 5 out of 7 nights I had raw vegetables that were inedible and had a charred pork chop that was replaced and arrived some 40 minutes later when my sons finished their meals. My sons managed to find things to eat and tried some of the unusual foods on offer that were lukewarm. Entertainment was not what we expected as shows were repeated, what little there was of them to see that we were all disappointed. A short 45 minute musical show on offer most nights nights that was repeated later and again on our return trip wasn't that great. Comedy was a bit hit and miss, like the singers in some sections. The majority of staff were pleasant and tried their best to make our trip enjoyable, but other members of staff were down-right rude and condescending. Trips on offer on the cruise were overpriced by at least a third than on offer outside with alcohol drinks starting at about $11 each, so little alcohol was consumed especially when you had to add an extra 15% as a tip even if you got it from the bar yourself. On the 2nd day of our trip, it was unfortunate that someone died, at least 3 times a medic was called over the speaker system with no mention of it being a emergency. My condolences to the man's family. Over all, it was a very disappointing holiday and I wouldn't recommend.

Supposed to fulfill a life long dream

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by rose61

rose61’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E E208
The cabin was clean and we had a lovely young man who looked after our section. There was rust on the top bunk and ladder that creaked almost all the time and was worse if the sea was rough. I spoke to our cleaner and he said there was nothing he could do, as all the cabins were the same. No need for a alarm as it was our wake up call every morning as the liner was pulling into port. There was also rust in the shower room and the door frame and shower cubicle were detaching their self's from the wall and floor. It was extremely cramped with 3 adults that was classed as a 4 berth cabin with very little room to move. The pictures on line showed a lovely spacious cabin with a window, sofa and fridge that were all non existent.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Harrison's Cave
    Had a historical journey on the way and the advisor in the cave was knowledgeable. The advisor made our trip visit as he was very funny.
    View All 76 Harrison's Cave Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We were taken on a bus tour around the island and told where places of importance were and given historical details. The operators were very knowledgeable. Went to the beach and had a lovely time.
    View All 120 Island Tour Reviews
  • Bacardi Rum Distillery
    Went for a walk into the town and caught a ferry across and taxi to the Barcardi Rum Distillery. The Tour was a disappointment and we were given a cocktail. Poor value for money.
    View All 79 Bacardi Rum Distillery Reviews
  • National Park
    We had a ex-major showing us around the Island and told us about the history of the Island. Stopped when we wanted to take pictures. had a lovely day.
    View All 8 National Park Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Enjoyed a few hours travelling around the Island and went to the beach. The tour guide was knowledgeable and a lovely lady
    View All 232 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Had a trip around this Island, very pretty with lots of opportunity to take photos. Were given lots of historical facts by the local tour guide.
    View All 340 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Went on a tour bus, the driver gave us lots of opportunities to take photos and gave us some information about the Island.
    View All 253 Island Tour Reviews