3. Avalon Luminary
Good online reviews of Avalon. The cruise itinerary and timing fit out schedule. Land short day trips also fit our desires. The accommodations were excellent as was the guest to crew ratio. Very good food with a super breakfast variety of items. The shore guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We were lucky to have great weather (temp, skies). The pre-Amsterdam 2 day option is suggested, it gave us additional time to enjoy the city. The free time for personal adventures was timed just about right at each stop. The airline coordination upon landing was easy to find and efficient. Other than an emergency landing in London on our return the flights were an easy part of the trip. I arranged a birthday celebration event for my wife (dinner, cabin celebration, etc.). It was well worth the extra cost. In short, we had an enjoyable vacation, in large part due to Avalon. We would recommend an Avalon river cruise to anyone. I'm sure we with travel with them again.

The Netherlands - Excellent Trip

Avalon Luminary Cruise Review by Charleston SC Traveler

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

The free time for personal adventures was timed just about right at each stop.

In short, we had an enjoyable vacation, in large part due to Avalon.

Charleston SC Traveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Luminary price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 304
Very good for viewing. The bed area was a bit crowded. Adequate for a river excursion.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins