• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Fram Review

Editor Rating

Customer service is non existent

Review for Fram to the Arctic
rnjuliescott
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin:

We paid a deposit at the time of booking. When it came time to pay the remainder, I hadn't heard anything from Hurtigruten. I contacted them to ask for an invoice saying how much we owed. They sent it but failed to mention that their banking information had changed. Fortunately I caught it last minute otherwise some stranger would have received a lot of money.

Food is only available at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are no snacks available in the evening. As a result, I would have to remember in the morning at breakfast to take some snacks back to the room to store in the fridge. If I forgot we went hungry.

The delivery of lectures is poor. It was regularly difficult to hear in the back of the room, and it was impossible to see the screen unless you sat in the first few rows. A room with a graded floor would help avoid that problem.

Cabin polar outside

Less than a foot between the beds, challenging to move around with two people in the room. Ventilation fan was broken and constantly making noise. Wasn't fixed despite notes left for the attendant.

13 Helpful Votes