3. Carnival Victory
I surprised my husband for his birthday and booked the Victory (Stateroom 6202) for it's May 14 2018 sailing. It had been three years since we last cruised but a well needed vacation. Embarkation from the Port of Miami was okay. They never showed us where our luggage was supposed to go to be checked so we unfortunately had to carry our bags onboard. Not Carnival's problem but better signage and attentive workers at the port are more to blame for that. The ship in my opinion does not show its age. It could use better/updated signage on the 3rd floor where guest services is because the lighted signs are hard to read. Like others have noted, I did not like having to use the 6th floor or walk through the smokey casino (in in appearance but in smell) to get to the comedy area, karaoke, alchemy bar or Atlantic dining room but the only way to fix that would be to completely redesign the boat. The casino needs better ventilation as the cigarette smell radiated up to the 6th floor. Also, it would be great of the sports bar was not exposed to the casino to eliminate the smoke smell as well. Our cabin was great. Ironically enough I was super sick (motion sickness) from the flight earlier that morning but absolutely fine in the aft of the boat. It was very clean and efficiently stocked/tended too. Dining, le sigh. Lower your expectations. I learned my lesson that the cheaper the cruise is, the worst the food's quality would be. I'm glad I didn't book the Chef's Table. My husband was served raw eggs in this Breakfast bowl and the staff was always absent, slow and not personable. We had breakfast in Atlantic every morning and the taste of the food was inconsistent, but the service was always consistent in that the servers were inattentive and not personable. Entertainment was okay. I hated the shows outside of the newlywed show because it was centered around rock n roll and older style selections. As 30 somethings who listen to pop, R&B and gospel, the shows were very unappealing to our generation and culture. The comedian Azeem was good but his mature (18+) show was definitively not for the faint at heart. Lots of f & b bombs but I still found humor in some of his act. Service was more of a miss than a hit. Our cabin steward was the best and our dinner staff on the last night was the best service we received the entire cruise. The ports were okay. I wish we could have stayed in Key West a bit longer but we made the most of it while there. We did the hop on hop off trolley and enjoyed seeing the new and old island and hearing the history. During our Cozumel port the gangway was damaged due to a very bad storm so many people were stuck outside the boat for at east 4-6 hours while the gangway was repaired. We were happy we stayed on board that day to enjoy the empty boat. The passengers weren't the best but not the worse either. Many were friendly, most were 20 somethings who preferred being drunk/intoxicated so I'm sure they would cruise this boat again. We are more mature, laid back, foodies so this wasn't an appealing cruise for us, nor were we anxious to do another one very soon. Disembarkation was a mess and very disorganized. We carried our luggage off the boat and they called too many floors at once. We stood in a long line for a while and once back in the Port of Miami you were treated as if the vacation was over. Unenthusiastic employees who chanted "Welcome back" in a very monotone voice who made it clear to keep moving and leave the port ASAP.

Wouldn't cruise this boat again but would cruise with Carnival

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by keychee

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

keychee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 6202
WONDERFUL room, very well maintained. Cannot see in from outside, but can see outside from inside. Very spacious and definitely will change the way we cruise moving forward.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins