3. Britannia
This was our second cruise after the Arcadia last year. This was definitely a step up in quality of food and overall wow factor of the ship. Yes there is a bit of getting used to which lifts to use to get down to your required deck but that's offset by enjoying the beautiful interior decor and ambience. We cruised to the Madeira and the Canaries. I must admit to being quite surprised as to the ship's rolling in not very heavy seas. These modern floating hotels are more for the generalcalmer waters of the med and Caribbean I would assume. We had an issue with our cabin that was dealt with in a timely manner by our deck manager and we were accommodated elsewhere. Food overall was excellent. We tended to breakfast and have lunch in the Horizon buffet bar with evening meals Freedom dining. The Horizon provided a great breakfast selection with the usual cooked breakfast items with the addition of eggs benedict, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, kippers, fish kedgeree etc on a rolling basis. Plenty of fresh fruit, smoothies and yoghurt options as well as cereal. Lunch again had a good variety but I stuck to the excellent curries. Delicious. Freedom dining is a great option as it does take away the regimented having to dine at a specific time. Sometimes if you've had a late afternoon tea, or a burger and chips on deck you want to dine a little later at night....Freedom dining not a problem. You do miss out on getting to know your fellow passengers better though. On our first cruise we had a really good table and it was great to catch up at the end of the day over dinner, have a laugh and comfortable chat with people you had got to know. We often went to the show and bar for a quiz afterward with our friends which was great. I suppose the thought of not meeting up with such a good table crowd again erred us against going set dining time this time but you definitely miss that element doing it this way. Entertainment was pretty good. We didn't watch all the shows in the main theatre but Brittania gives you the option to catch up with many acts in the more nightclub type Live Lounge, a more intimate venue. Sam Bailey headlined one night but even as a supportive Leicester lad myself for her I think she's got a bit shouty and overworking the power ballads. Stevie from the Drifters however was excellent, and when we saw him in the Live Lounge he had the audience in his hand, great gig. Speciality restaurants are good and reasonably priced we think. Indian connoisseur s will love Sindhu. The Glass House served great food and we look forward to trying the Epicurean and the Beach House next time! Drinks are reasonably priced and it's nice to get dressed for dinner and have a pre dinner cocktail in one of the bars. I strongly recommend the Hurricane, in fact I'm still making it at home a few weeks after the cruise! Bacardi, dark rum, amaretto (25ml) each, drizzle of grenadine, pineapple juice, plenty of ice, in a shaker, pour and enjoy :)

Excellent food and a relaxing fun experience

Britannia Cruise Review by MalanD4

Lunch again had a good variety but I stuck to the excellent curries. Delicious.

MalanD4’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin F707
Had to change cabins. Bed very comfortable, plenty storage space and nice bathroom with shower. Very comfortable