3. Carnival Triumph
We had a GREAT time- but this was not my favorite cruise ship. Dining- EXCELLENT! Taras was our waiter--he was the best waiter we've ever had. Food was great, sat at a four person booth upper/London dining room. Guys burgers were great and breakfast in the Paris was always a treat. Bar service was perfect--Alchemy Bar is our fave. Alex and his team were attentive and talented. We liked the drinks at the Sport's bar too. The ship rocked a lot due to high winds, but the sea bands really worked. Saw a show, and the comedy shows-- I have seen better. Not very impressive. 18+ comedy was more offensive than normal. We laughed, but I am glad he wasn't making fun of me and calling me names! Everything was super clean, and the staff works so, very hard to make everyone happy. Pools and hot tubs-over run with kids. Parents, watch your kids!! I don't mind kids, but I don't want them jumping on top of me. This is not Carnival's fault, it was Spring Break. Kids are just super rude these days and the majority are not taught manners. I don't love how you have to walk through the casino to get to everything, but we still did it-not a big deal. Not my favorite layout of a ship, but we had a great time regardless. We took 2 excursions, but not through Carnival- they were both great too. We had FTTF- love it. Embarkation and Debarkation were so easy and organized. We also got the beverage package- definitely worth the money. I will go on Carnival again, but probably not this ship until it goes through a dry dock.

Good, but not my favorite

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by AliMatt2kids

We had a GREAT time- but this was not my favorite cruise ship.

The ship rocked a lot due to high winds, but the sea bands really worked.

AliMatt2kids’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C 7323. 7321
Cabin-Interior-7323 & 7321. Our steward was great, rooms were kept very clean. However, our steward was overworked. We didn't meet him until the 2nd day.
Toilet backed up, shower backed up, sewage all over the bathroom floor.
They came to fix it twice & worked toward the ending. Carnival apologized through letters and gave us $120 voucher- it was the last day, so we used it for pictures. It would have been nice to be able to use it for deposit or an excursion--but we received it really late.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    A lot of walking, hard to hear the guide- but very informative. A lot of history for the money.
    View All 13,582 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • French Quarter Walking Tour
    A lot of walking, hard to hear the tour guide with such a huge group. Sometimes hard to keep up. Very informative- a lot of history for the money we spent.
    Ghost, Voodoo, Vampire Tour
    View All 9 French Quarter Walking Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Came with our initial tour, so we only spent about an hour and a half there. Drinks- watered down, food was pretty good- very authentic. Beach was not great... Seem to be begging too hard for tips too. I am glad our tour had other stops.
  • Mayan Ruins
    This was a Pink Flamingo, Salt Flats, Mayan Ruins, and Beach break. Our guides were FANTASTIC. We felt safe and everything was informative. The vans were cool with air conditioners and we had awesome guides the entire time. I would use this group of guys again. Beach was ok-- (Silcer Beach)- not great, but they are working on it. We only spent about an 1.5 hour there. I am glad we didn't do the beach break all day. We loved this tour and this group. Highly recommend.
    View All 37 Mayan Ruins Reviews