3. Pacific Explorer
My friend and I made a spur of the moment decision during an art day. It was my first cruise and her third. We loved the edge activities, doing the zipline flying fox 3 times in a row and walking the plank. And the staff running the edge deserve huge huge accolades..they were amazing. We only used our cabin for showering, sleeping and dressing, so interior cabin was perfect. Very little motion and very comfortable beds. We enjoyed the Lady Dragon menu out of the 3 free restaurants and would pay to dine there. A wee hint if you are a red wine lover. The Waterfront has a good selection and I know my wine. There are a few bottles on the wine list that have a good pedigree and vintage. The price is very cheap. I bought a Margeret River Cab Sav 2013 for under $40 and this wine is worth $50 on special. Check the vintage before purchase. If you love coffee but don't want to spend a fortune bring good quality satchets because the pantry coffee is ..meh. The two things that were not so good were: There was virtually no cruise director. Passengers wandered aimlessly on the gatsby and white party nights. A lot of guests had no idea where or when. There is a guide to activities each day delivered to your room but nobody came on the PA to encourage activities or build excitement. The second thing was my art supplies going missing from my cabin. I had purchased new art pads, graphite pencils, pastel pencils and eraser. They were out near the bin due to me not wanting to forget them. On the last day of cruise my friend and I intended to relax and draw. But my art supplies were not in our cabin. After 2 hours of going back and forth and managing to keep my temper it transpired the steward had thrown them out. Very upsetting. They found the art supplies ..surprisingly in pristine condition but it was too late to use. I asked the steward why. He said they had been there for 3 days. I replied so had my makeup and clothes, but they didn't get thrown out. I asked him not to remove anything not in the bin in future. Aside from the above, my first cruise was stellar and we have booked a Melbourne Cup cruise on this vessel. How you spend your days onboard is up to you..there is so much to do you cannot get bored. Lastly..the nz icecream stand had the most surly attendant..he wins the rotten tomato award. But all other crew were amazing. Kitchen staff top marks in the pantry.

First cruise..now a cruisling

Pacific Explorer Cruise Review by CazKaz

My friend and I made a spur of the moment decision during an art day.

It was my first cruise and her third.

The two things that were not so good were:

The second thing was my art supplies going missing from my cabin.

On the last day of cruise my friend and I intended to relax and draw.

But my art supplies were not in our cabin.

But all other crew were amazing. Kitchen staff top marks in the pantry.
CazKaz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Explorer price drops

Excellent room. Small but adequate. Comfortable beds and quiet. No major movement or rolling. Bed light switches are totally crazy..small metal things as though the knob was missing.
Very little body soap in bottle..not nice feeling knowing it was used by other guests..so glad i brought my own soap.
The safe did not lock either.