Crystal Mozart Cruise Review

BE CAREFUL WHICH CABIN YOU CHOOSE!

Crystal Mozart Cruise Review by gviperz06

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

Choose Crystal due to their reputation for being top notch. We have cruised on Crystal before. Last time I took 60 couples with me on a sales payoff trip and it went well. I found the service excellent, the staff was very friendly and very polite, food was very good, excursions were interesting and varied so almost everyone could find something to do that interested them. The Crystal buses were clean and new and every seat had a lot of leg room . The ship was well maintained.

This was a 50th wedding anniversary, a decade birthday and a cancer survival celebration for us so I spent the money for a Penthouse suite (206), but that didn't turn out so well.Read the nightmare that was, in the cabin review. I enjoyed several of the excursions we went on and felt that the guides were well prepared and very friendly. Overall had I been able to get some sleep it would have been a excellent trip. A "reasonably" quiet room is very important for me and by wife. We all expect some noises living close to others but this was on a scale that I have never experienced in over 40 years of extensive business and personal travel.

gviperz06's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Penthouse 206

This PH suite (206) is DIRECTLY under the bar area. The bar has a tile floor and there is obviously NO insulation between the room and bar floor. All day long and up until about 1AM all you hear is scrapping, slamming, footsteps, chairs being drug across the floor and making a horrible "nails on a blackboard" sound, etc.. (WHY WOULD YOU INSTALL A TILE FLOOR OVER A PENTHOUSE SUITE?) Bottom line is we only slept about 4 hours per night, 1AM, when the bar cleanup ended, to about 6AM when all the food prep noises started. I asked the people why they wouldn't simply apply felt to the chair bottoms so that horrible dragging sound would be quieted, they said they did once but it fell off. Now, I had a "white" machine and ear plugs and STILL could not sleep with all this noise. I paid $23,000 for this suite and left absolutely exhausted! Crystal obviously does not care enough to find some solution so the poor souls in this room (and probably surrounding one too) can get some sleep! I felt sorry as my cruise ended and a new one began for the poor soul that got this room!

City Tour

Interesting especially the Mozart Museum but there was no AC and it was in the 90s, very hot

View All 169 City Tour Reviews
Benedictine Abbey

Amazing Abbey, beautiful tour, very informative. Great day.

View All 62 Benedictine Abbey Reviews

So sad but very informative. Tour director was excellent. I learned a lot

View All undefined undefined Reviews
St. Stephen's Cathedral

Beautiful church and organ, informative guide.

View All 112 St. Stephen's Cathedral Reviews
Bratislava

Could have skipped this. Took city tour. Not a very nice town.

City Tour

Wonderful city with amazing sites! Tour guide was well informed and had a goo sense of humor!

View All 353 City Tour Reviews