I planned a cruise on the Vela for my 50th birthday, and we had 21 guests join us for the week. From the minute we met Captain Nervo the night before to the moment we stepped off the ship, this was the most special vacation experience of my life. The crew members were first class, but more than that, they became our friends. From the amazing food to the unique experience of truly sailing on the Caribbean to floating off the ship with noodles and beers, everyone in our group loved every minute of being on the Vela. On the islands we visited, we were well informed on what was available to visit, and the crew was phenomenal in getting us to shore and back to the boat easily and timely. My favorite moments were mornings on the deck with a coffee, either sailing on the open waters or pulling into our next port with the sun rising. Amazing! All of it. I will go again as soon as I can.

Vela: Island Windjammers - First Class All the Way

Vela Cruise Review by linda2932

linda2932’s Full Rating Summary
Get Vela price drops

Small quarters, but functional and well maintained by the crew all week.