Silver Galapagos Cruise Review

The Vacation of a Lifetime!

Silver Galapagos Cruise Review by lfatum

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

My husband I had been looking for a Silversea cruise to South Africa or the Galapagos during the periods when I have a break from my work as a high school administrator. The Galapagos trip fit perfectly, and we booked it in the fall of 2016 for the April 1-8 cruise in 2017. Everything that Silversea handled was fabulous, in terms of logistics as well as the actual onboard experiences. The staff were so attentive, and the naturalist guides were top-notch. The ship was attractive and our suite was spacious and comfortable. The food was wonderful and the small size of the passengers made it easy to dine when and where - and with whom - we wanted. We made friends that I know we will stay in touch with and see again. The activities were excellent, especially the snorkeling and kayaking options. The Islands and waters are pristine and beautiful beyond belief. I would recommend this for anyone who has Galapagos on their "bucket list," and those who don't; it is a magical place for adults and children.

lfatum's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin VR 251

I don't remember the exact category of our suite. It was on Deck 2, which is the lowest deck for occupancy. Our suite was probably the least expensive, but it was very roomy - and had a huge closet! We had great views from our porthole windows. The bed was very comfortable and we slept like babies, gently rocked by the ocean.

lfatum