3. Silver Cloud
We chose this cruise due to its unusual itinerary, the opportunity to go on a safari, and the stop in the Seychelles, a place my wife and I had long wanted to visit. Also, having sailed on Crystal and Seaborne several times, we wanted to experience Silversea. The many positives included excellent food, having less than 300 passengers, being able to eat dinner by ourselves or with others as desired and at the time of our choosing, a large cabin with a walk-in closet, a very responsive butler, and an exceptionally interesting international mix of passengers - there were relatively few from the U.S. In addition, our short safari in Kenya was spectacular and the Seychelles did not disappoint. The major problem was a ship in marked need of overhaul - - the cabin bathroom smelled, the tap water was rust red, the air conditioning could not keep up, carpet was badly stained throughout the ship, and the furniture was tired. Those conditions are unacceptable for any cruise line and particularly one in the luxury category that charges top dollar. Also, the destination speaker was very weak. Africa is a continent about which many of the passengers did not know a great deal. A knowledgeable and engaging speaker would have significantly enhanced the experience. It will be very difficult for my wife and I to ever trust Silversea again.

Ship Is Way Overdue for Renovation

Silver Cloud Cruise Review by eleland

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Africa

It will be very difficult for my wife and I to ever trust Silversea again.
eleland’s Full Rating Summary