Evolution Cruise Review

Horrific: Sexually harassed and Norovirus

Evolution Cruise Review by imaginethat17

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: Galapagos

FEMALE TRAVELING ALONE? Hopiing for a grope? Book on this boat...

I do not recommend traveling on a Quasar boat if you are a woman traveling alone. I was sexually harassed by a staff member who tended bar and waited tables. Horrific! He entered my room without knocking, asked if he could give me a massage, told me I was "looking good", and basically ruined my trip. Upon informing a Quasar manager, her response was "Well you know Latin men, this is their way..." Really? I paid a HUGE 50% additional single fee for this trip. In addition, he said things, and interacted with me in a way he NEVER would have, had my husband been with me.

Additionally--Eight people on this cruise (including myself) fell ill with Norovirus. I observed a staff member collecting the cabin toilet paper bags without using disposable gloves, going from cabin to cabin, WALKING THROUGH THE DINING ROOM with the bags of Norovirus waste, AND doing our dishes later in the day. Disgusting. The same manager saw nothing wrong with this, either--stating--"we have to hire the staff from the Galapagos, and sometimes they don't understand."

On the positive--guides were awesome and food was mostly local and quite good. Excursions were very good.

Never again would I book with Quasar, nor would I recommend Quasar for females traveling alone, or travelers who are concerned about hygiene and Norovirus. All of this could have been avoided. Quasar needs to OWN-UP to their lack of vetting and training staff members.

NO employee EVER has the right to walk into a guests' cabin without knocking. This is an EGREGIOUS act--ESPECIALLY FOR A MALE TO WALK INTO A FEMALE'S CABIN.

FEMALE TRAVELERS BEWARE! This is a shame.

And another warning: online pictures tout cabins as being a warm two-toned color, and bathrooms with nice amenities. Actual cabin was a depressing monochromatic grey, there were no bathroom amenities other than soap dispensers. Additionally, my shower failed to drain properly because the drain is not lower than the floor. This was a nightmare when I was incapacitated with Noro, and had feces floating in the bottom of the shower. And during my illness, my toilet paper receptical was not emptied for over 24 hours.

imaginethat17's Full Rating Summary

See above. Did not resemble website pictures. Website misleading. Rooms not nearly as nice.

imaginethat17