3. Legend of the Seas
This cruise for my wife and I was part of a package allowing 2n hotel stays at start and end of cruise in Singapore and Dubai. RCCL operate both Celebrity cruises and Royal Carribean thus it was an opportunity to compare the 2 cruise lines. We have cruised with Celebrity several times and have really enjoyed our experience. and our hope was to have a similar experience this cruise. Unfortunately the standards of R.C. fall very far below those of Celebrity. Bad start to cruise my case not delivered to stateroom. After 6hours I went in search of it & found it held back because it had a bottle of liquor in it. They would not release case until bottle had been "confiscated". Their words not mine. I don't disagree with their rules but I am disappointed that no attempt to inform me why my case was not being delivered. Sea pass card issued without the included drinks package. This I was told was because I did not have a drinks package. Fortunately I had the confirmation e-mail on my Ipad to prove I had one and they finally agreed. Whilst I was arguing my case 2 other passengers appeared complaining that their sea pass card showed no drinks package. Quality & range of food very disappointing. Not bad but certainly way below the standard of Celebrity. The Windjammer buffet at both breakfast and lunch was boringly limited and the hot food was often cold. The Romeo & Juliet main dng rm varied from excellent to really unacceptable, particularly in portion size. Presentation and taste was generally good. Getting a 2nd drink in the dng rm was very difficult. Definitely got the impression they were rationing the wine so you bought a bottle. On not a single occasion on this 10n cruise did a drinks waiter ask if I would like another glass of wine. Hotel staff were reasonably friendly and competent but they just seemed to be shorthanded. There was a total lack of information about ports of call. Most cruise lines give talks in the theatre to provide useful information on venues being visited. R.C. -- absolutely nothing. Not even a printed sheet. You have option to buy their excursion or take pot luck. There are several other things I could criticise but it would just be a continuing theme. If you are thinking about a cruise with Royal Caribbean think again. Consider Celebrity if you want to cruise RCCL or consider another cruise line.Why the standards within the 2 cruise lines are so different I do not know. Particularly as there was no great disparity in cost between what I paid on this cruise and what I would have paid on Celebrity.

Royal Carribean a real disappointment

keggers1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 7080
Cabin clean and typically furnished. Asked for twin beds but got a double.
Balcony fairly small. Could only fit small table and 2 chairs (not loungers).
Bathroom small but fully functioning. NO TOILETRIES PROVIDED other than 1 small bar of soap and a soap dispenser.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins