Celestyal Majesty Cruise Review

How to put you off Cruises for Life

Celestyal Majesty Cruise Review by jodiemark

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: Canary Islands

After, previously, enjoyable Thomson Cruises, we were very much looking forward to this; especially our Children. However, in turned out to be a bit of a disaster. We knew the omens were against us, when, on arrival we hadn't been allocated a cabin. Then when we finally arrived at our cabin, we find that it is only made up for two people, not four. Then they failed to allocate the All Inclusive Package we had paid for. That was just for starters!.

The Hygiene on the ship is very questionable. The use of Alcohol dispensers was encouraged, but now enforced. I witnessed many people leaving the toliets, and then entering the eating areas, without using them; and handling food. My son was cabin bound for 3 days, with a vomiting bug. My father-in-law contracted a chest infection, and I contracted a virus. Although I can appreciate that these can be contracted anywhere, the fact that we met a large number of people with the same illnesses, is no coincidence. The food was poor, in selection, and quality; and luke warm, at best. In fact, by the time we had got back to our table, the food was often cold. The staff were miserable, we tried to engage them in conversation; only to be told that they were under so much pressure to serve, within set time frames, that they didn't have time to talk. This led to a very poor atmosphere, day and night. Thomsons have failed to commit to children on this ship, with no evening entertainment for them, and very little on in the day either. I am struggling to find something positive to say. It has put my family off cruise holidays in the future, and also my In-laws, who have been on six previous cruises. The real disappointment is Thomsons response to my complaint, having spent over £20,000 on holidays, with them, in the last three years; I had hoped for more than just an apologetic letter. Not to be, however.

jodiemark's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Inside Plus 4035

Cabin was okay, some of the fixtures were dated, and broken. Towels were old, faded, and holey. The cabin crew were efficient and friendly, however.

jodiemark