3. Majesty of the Seas
DAY 1,  WE ARRIVED FROM PHL TO MIA ON JUNE 22, SAME DAY AS EMBARKATION AND THE PROCESS WAS SLOW AND IT SEEMED AS IF ONE HAND DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER WAS DOING. I WAS TOLD BY THREE DIFFERENT RCI EMPLOYEES WITHIN 5 MINUTES AT THE POINT OF CHECK IN WHERE YOU RECEIVE YOUR SEA PASS CARD, ON THREE DIFFERENT ROUTES TO TAKE TO GET ON BOARD. THAT SEEMED ODD BUT FIRST TIME CRUISER WITH RCI SO I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THEM GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND, BUT WHEN YOU SEE THAT ALL THEY DID WAS PLACE YOU FURTHER AWAY FROM ENTRY, IT WAS ANNOYING. AND I WAS 3 HOURS EARLY THANK GOD. OUR BAGS ARRIVED TO OUR ROOMS VERY QUICKLY AND NOT A THING OUT OF PLACE. OUR ROOMS WERE CONNECTING ROOMS WITH OUR KIDS AND THE DOOR TO CONNECT THE ROOMS DO NOT OPEN UP EVEN HALF WAY. I WEIGHT 167LBS, MY WIFE 112LBS AND WE HAD PROBLEMS GETTING THROUGH. THE WINDJAMMER CAFE IS A MUST FOR LUNCH AND SORRENTOS PIZZA, I THINK THAT WAS THE NAME, IS JUST OK   DAY 2, Nassau, Because of poor planning on our part we did not take full advantage of what Nassau had to offer. The Majesty docked, no tender for Nassau, But we walked the entire resort of Atlantis, how I dont know, but It was very nice and at our last attempt to hit their beach we were stopped by Atlantis security and we were asked to BUY a pass for full access to Atlantis. Why would I do that if I just walked the entire resort? Oh well it's a must see resort. The pass was $35pp and we are 4 so for $140? Remember you have to time yourself to ship time and in my 14year old son and 12 year old daughters opinion, they didnt think it was worth it.  Day 3, Coco Cay,  Whats bad about this island is that RCI departs at 1530. This is so lame, the sun is at its peak between 1200 and 1630 and the ship leaves at 1530? This little rented island is so nice and at 1400 the water was so warm but again RCI leaves at 1530, or you have to be on the last tender at 1530. So lame Day 4, Key West, VERY NICE. The four of us loved all the shops.. We rented a electric car, sort of what they had on Fantasy Island, no doors and it's top speed is 25mph and the charge lasts up to 5hours, enough for the entire island and some. Day 5, back in Miami. we carried off our luggage and went off to our hotel for the night in Miami. Dinner, we were not impressed. We are both really in to our kitchens and love to cook. NO TASTE OR GOOD SEASONING IN THEIR FOOD. Honestly if you stick to the windjammer or even Johnny Rockets or even the sandwich shop, sorry cant remember the name, you'll be fine. All in all I would not recommend this cruise on the Majesty of The Seas to NO ONE. I dont think it's worth it, from the food to the time spent at Coco Cay to the miserable people who were working the embarkation process, I really don't think I can even give it a C+.  One positve note is the fitness center. Very well prepared and cared for.  And I am not a stuck up snob who needs to be waited on hand and foot, im just one who carefully pays attention to detail and I always analyze if what I payed for is worth it or if what I am interested in is worth the amount.

NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by EL TORO

• Sail Date: June 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas

One positve note is the fitness center. Very well prepared and cared for.

EL TORO’s Full Rating Summary