3. Pacific Aria
Our embarkation was smooth, our room looked great, very roomy, heaps of storage. Problems started when we went to try to sleep. My side of the bed was bone shaking!! I complained to our cabin steward and also the reception and we were moved to a quieter room. We did not book any of the shore excursions on the ship (expensive), instead booking one excursion through trip advisor on Alotau. There were 44 people from the ship in total that had booked this full day excursion for $195 each. It was an interesting experience, we went to the young woman's village and her mother had made us lunch, we watched the villagers do some dancing, we were shown sago Palms and there many uses in the village. We were shown a smoking room where her uncle smoked coconuts to make copra. All in all an interesting day. One problem seems to be the tenders, We had to sit and wait on average 3 hours to get off the ship! There were a lot of people complaining about it. Also there was an altercation on one of the islands between 2 native villages and people from the ship were basically stuck on the jetty, I did not see it myself, but spoke to people who witnessed it first hand! Very frightening with Machetes and spears being thrown. All in all, I enjoyed being on the ship, loved the trivia games a few times a day! Food was good but not exceptional. Staff/crew were all very helpful. I must say, once is enough for me to Papua New Guinea...

Papua New Guinea Frightening at times!

Pacific Aria Cruise Review by MissMuffitt

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Asia

Food was good but not exceptional. Staff/crew were all very helpful.

I must say, once is enough for me to Papua New Guinea...
MissMuffitt’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Aria price drops

Cabin 5137/5028
Cabin 5137 had a bone shaking rattle that vibrated through my whole body while in bed trying to sleep... We complained and then were moved to 5028. A much better cabin for sleeping!