3. Avalon Creativity
We chose this cruise as I wanted to see Monet's Garden and my husband was interested in the Normandy tour. All of the tour guides associated with the cruise were outstanding - easy to understand (English speaking) and enthusiastic. Of course, we would have preferred a little more free time in each area especially the Normandy cemetery. Our only complaint was that wine flowed freely at meals but it was hard to get ice tea or a soft drink in a timely manner. Also my husband wanted coffee with his dessert and it almost always arrived after he was finished. Our cabin was adequate - it was always clean and freshened up by Peter - he did a great job. We especially enjoyed the crew night performance after dinner and the talk prior to our Normandy excursion. The cruise director, Jerome, kept us well informed of everything and was very personable.

First River Cruise